cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT TV App and Devices on Laptop

Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to add a Windows 10 laptop as a new device to watch BT TV via the app.  I have 3 out of 4  devices registered, but I get a message that says "Sorry - you'll have to wait 1 days before you can change your registered devices", which it said yesterday, and the 4th 'slot' constantly updates the time I have to wait so, in theory, I will never be able to add the device.

Secondly, when the BT TV Player runs, it tells me to install Silverlight, which is already installed.  This message happens on Chrome, Edge, Firefox and IE.

Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT TV App and Devices on Laptop

Go to solution

Anybody?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT TV App and Devices on Laptop

Go to solution

The registered devices issue is easy - I can sort that if it's still showing that message today.  Just send me a DM with your BT ID and I'll take a look at your account.

The Silverlight issue is the harder one.  If you've installed the BT Player app but it's still telling you to install Silverlight then something has gone badly wrong, and it could be anything.  Silverlight is the absolute worst at being really unreliable and complicated.  The best I can suggest is you uninstall BT Player and start again: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/downloading-the-bt-tv-web-player-app