cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV On demand - Stuttering and BTP-966a

This evening, trying to watch 2001 A Space Odessey, I am getting pauses in playback quite often and sometimes BTP-966a for the first time ever.

My broadband is fine with quite high speed (over 70 Mbps) and everything else is OK.

Anyone else having a problem?

Richard

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV On demand - Stuttering and BTP-966a

Hello and thank you for your post barnpiece today 😀

This error code doesn’t appear on my error code list, you can view all error codes and type yours in to see how it can help you: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/what-do-the-bt-tv-error-codes-mean- or https://www.bt.com/help/fix-your-bt-error-code-problem

while you review the links and follow the troubleshooting steps, can you just explain in a bit more detail on the what happens before you get this error message?

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Liam,

Thanks for your reply. I will see how things go over the next couple of days and watch some other on-demand films to see if it reoccurs.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If your TV box is connected to your hub by any means other than a round cate 5E cable then change it so that it does connect in that way

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Which device are you watching 2001 , is it the BT TV player on your BT (Youview) box or another device  ?

Was there are significant broadband activity occurring at the time , eg any recordings in progress , was the TV box previously tuned into  a 4K channel  or other household members actively using devices .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Error BTP-966a just means buffering timeout - i.e. it's been buffering for so long, it's giving up.
Your internet speed is only part of the equation - you also need to consider any other people using it, any recordings from internet channels (which always take priority over all other internet traffic), and also WiFi signal strength/quality.
If you have a Netflix account then you can run a speed test within the Netflix app on the box - this will give you an idea of how much bandwidth is currently available to the box for video streaming.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I watch 2001 again the next day and it was fine with no interruptions. So was another film.

My broadband always has good speed (above 70 Mbps) with no-one else using it, so I wonder if it could be somewhere else 'down the line' that was particularly busy on Saturday evening?

Richard

0 Ratings