cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justyn_c_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT TV Sport Catchup query

Apologies if this has already answered, I have searched but not found it.

I am on copper ADSL in Herefordshire, I have BT Sport and in June I swapped a Vision+ box for a Youview+ box.

I've just been on holiday and missed the Rugby Aid match, so I thought no problem I'll use catch up via BT Player on Youview to watch it, however when I have tried it says I need to subscribe and points to bt.com/boltons.

I realise that I don't get live transmissions without Infinity, but should I be able to access BT Sport videos through BT Player on Youview? I can for instance watch Man Men through the AMC part of the player even though I don't have this to watch on my box.

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT TV Sport Catchup query

Program licencing rights  tends to be complex and very variable .  It is common for catch up rights  only to be avaiilable if a subscription to the live channel that the programme is broadcast on is held.  BT appear to have a deal with AMC that allows them to provide some  programs on demand without the need for a subscription to the live channel. For BT Sport programs I think BT provides a few programs (normally the ones it produces) on demand without the need for a live channel subscription. Most sport content that it is licensed to broadcast is only available on catchup if you have the live channel and then only if the rights allow for catch up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT TV Sport Catchup query

What is the estimated speed for your ADSL connection? BT do offer the BT Sport live channels on BT TV over ADSL as long as your estimated speed is at least 5.25Mbps. You don't have to have Infinity.

If your connection supports it you have to order it and re-contracting broadband and BT TV services might be required to get it for free.
0 Ratings