cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quarkrad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT TV Working on Chrome/Firefox

Last night I had, what was to me, a bizarre conversation with various levels of 'chat' support.  At the moment the only way I can watch bttv on my pc is using windows(I use 10) and i.e. 11 with silverlight.  The service is inconsistant to say the least.  Having missed a program because channels could not be loaded by the browser I spoke to 'chat' about using google chrome or firefox (both of which I am led to believe work - although I have had no luck).  I was informed that BT dev people use chrome to dev the service and all necessary plug-ins/what ever you need is built into the latest version of chrome. Well .... on my latest version the browser told me that "..this browser (chrome) was not compatible with silverlight...". Despite telling support what was on my screen I was told it definately worked(?????).  I then launched firefox and went through the same chat with support - despite what was on my screen (not compaible with sliverlight) I was told it does work.  If it worked I asked for the config settings but they were not possible to provide - the advice I was given was to talk to Google and/or Mozilla.  There is a lot of conflicting information on the web - can any body advice me, as of Aril 2018, what browser(s) work with bttv.  And if indeed, firefox and chrome do work - what are the config/settings you need.  Any advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT TV Working on Chrome/Firefox

A real bugbear of mine. BT have updated the BTTV apps on all devices bar Windows. We're left with rubbish Silverlight which will not work on Chrome. The only option I can see is IE 11. Therefore I don't use it.

0 Ratings
quarkrad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT TV Working on Chrome/Firefox

Thank you - you have confirmed my thoughts. Pity 'chat' are not honest and that BT is so far behind re technology. (Silverlight and i.e. 11?).
0 Ratings