Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Johndunwoody
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT TV app not working on Samsung UE65MU6400

Hello. I have just downloaded the BT TV app on my Samsung TV UE65MU6400. I have a BT sport subscription, which works fine on the BT sports app on my ipad, but when I try to log on using my user/pw on the TV it comes up with the message ‘Upgrade to BT TV App Extra. Sorry - you’ll need to upgrade your subscription to watch titles on this device.’

Have spent a fruitless hour with BT chat helpline, so can anyone out there please help?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT TV app not working on Samsung UE65MU6400

Hi @Johndunwoody You would need a BT TV subscription plus the BT TV App Extra addon to use the BT TV app on the Samsung TV.

If you have BT Sport channels on your BT TV (Youview)  box then you would be able to watch those channels via the BT TV App -on the Samsung TV (subject to device limits)  assuming you have the BT TV App Extra addon.

The Bt Tv App and the BT Sport Apps are two different apps.

Depending upon your BT Sport subscription you may be able to use Chromecast or  Airplay (via AppleTV) to yourTV from your BT Sport App on your Ipad.

0 Ratings
Johndunwoody
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT TV app not working on Samsung UE65MU6400

Thanks for the reply.

So to get the App Extra I’d have to pay an extra £5. I already pay for BT TV and BT sport so I’m not keen.

This would be to watch on a stand alone smart tv so is there no way I can watch BT as I don’t have Airplay, Chromecast or a 2nd Youview box?

0 Ratings