Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillipst4
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT TV app picture problems on Amazon Fire TV 4K

Hi,
I have just bought a new Amazon Fire TV 4K with the intention of using the BT TV app to watch live BT sport in a different room. I have been using the app a while without problems on my previous fire stick which is a bit old so fancied getting the new one. For some reason when watching live BT sport channels through the app, the picture goes choppy when using the 4K fire stick only. Seems ok with the older fire stick. Wondering if there’s a known compatibility issue? Thanks
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV app picture problems on Amazon Fire TV 4K

Hi, I have the same issue with the 4K stick. Does anyone have any ideas?

PS. This is only an issue with the BT Sport channels - Eurosport etc. play fine.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Replying to my own post; having done some searches this would appear to be an incompatibility with the BT TV app, the posts I found are dated mid-late November (on this very forum).

Is this a known issue and is it being addressed is my question?

0 Ratings
phillipst4
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

I’m sending mine back. BT TV app just had an update and it hasn’t fixed this bug. Will try out the non 4K one and save myself a tenner
0 Ratings
maggie4
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I have the same problem with 2 x new 4k sticks I bought just after Christmas. Did changing to the 1080 firestick solve the problem?  Loathe to go back to supplier and change the 4k ones without knowing if the 1080's work. Any info gratefully received.

0 Ratings
Shadley1000
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hello,

I have this problem as well, paying £5 per month for the BT App Extra so I can watch BT TV on my TV upstairs through a 4K Firestick. The BT Sport HD channels are jerky, no issues with the other channels on BT TV and the broadband speed is good with all other HD streams working well on the Firestick.

Please let me know if the regular Firestick has this issue as we dont need a 4K one they were just out of stock of the standard one.

Thanks

0 Ratings
phillipst4
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Yes I can confirm the non-4k Fire stick plays live BT sport channels without the problem. Must be a compatibility issue but poor effort on BT’s behalf for not bothering to check, especially when they charge £5 per month. Maybe they will read this thread and fix it, otherwise I suggest writing a complaint
0 Ratings
maggie4
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the confirmation that the 1080 fire tv stick works OK with BT sports channels on the BT TV app. Have sent the 4k version back to Amazon and feel confident to order the 1080 version now. I had various excuses from BT as to why it was stuttering ( wrong app, wrong modem, broadband speed etc). Finally someone from BT's techinical management team was honest and said there was a licensing issue between BT and Amazon regarding the 4k stick and that's at the heart of the problem. He could not say when it would be resolved.

0 Ratings
rw1993
Message 9 of 11

I spoke to someone on phone about a month ago and they said it was a known issue and they would have a fix in a couple of months.

They said i'd only be able to find out if its working again by buying the app and trying it in a couple of months which seems a bit ridiclous. Not sure if anyone knows if its working yet?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi, I tried the app with my 4k stick on the weekend (09/02/2019) and it all now appears to be working fine with BT Sport. /thumbs up!

0 Ratings