cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT TV from Sky box

Have had Sky for several years but the latest increase is making me think of getting TV through BT. I have BT Infinity, BT 'phone and BTemail so the saving would be significant.

I think I remember when joining BTInfinity getting info that said I could get TV through the Sky box. Does this still apply when I cancel my Sky subscription? And what happens when my viewing card expires as I seem to remember being sent new ones from time to time. If it would be more reliable will pay the £99 one off and ditch the Sky box but don't want to do this unnecessarily. Would want the Sports 2 option for the cricket.

Apologies for long post

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT TV from Sky box

You certainly won't get BT TV through a Sky box, with the exception of BT Sport - that can be added to an active Sky card, whether or not you are actually a Sky subscriber.  Sky should be able to provide you with a card that receives (but won't let you record) the free-to-view programmes even if you're not paying them any more, and you could add BT Sport to that.

For the full BT TV experience, you'd need a BT YouView box.

0 Ratings
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT TV from Sky box

Thank you, Ectophile, for your reply.  I tried to get a speed test for the you view box but two attempts just gave me the very unhelpful " this seems to be taking longer than usual, please try again" after 5 minutes each time which doesn't give me much confidence. At least my Sky dish gives excellent reception albeit at a rip off price. Thanks again.

0 Ratings