Highlighted
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT TV web player app

Go to solution

Hi All  ........ can any body help to download 

BT TV web player app

I press the play on the programe required on trhe tv guide but it doesn't prompt me to download.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV web player app

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61

welcome to the community

Can I clarify that it is this

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62356/~/downloading-the-bt-tv-web-player-app

which you are attempting or expecting ?

or is it that you are expecting to be able to dowmload for later offline viewing  some BT TV content ?

I think  the bt web player app download is offered on the first access and can be declined or accepted - is it possible that the download was initially declined ?

0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi zulu17 ..... thanks for the reply, yes I think the link was declined but, have now decided to accept if that is possible.  is the a way?  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61 Try Watch BT TV on the Go and you should be able to install the BTTV App from there.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 I believe the link you've suggested only provides links  to download the BTTV app from Google Play and Apple App Store ,

I believe @Ericthered61 needs the Windows  BT Tv web player but having previously declined to install it is not seeing a prompt to install when selecting a BT Tv programme to play once they have  logged on to  BT TV on their browser.

0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Hi zulu17 ... yep, you are correct. Its for windows I need. Thanx
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61 sorry about the confusion. 

Can you try the following: log into your BTID and go to https://home.bt.com/ then go to the TV guide. Select the option to "Watch BT channels"  and select a program to watch and see if this gives you the pop up to install the player. 

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Hi John .... followed your instructions on selecting a programme it asks "watch now" have tried to click and double click on it nothing happens. Thanx Eric
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61 I suggested that as I tried it myself but I was using a different browser to what I usually use. I've checked into this again and can you clear your cookies and cache and try again. It is very likely that there is a cookie stored that shows you have visited before and declined the download. Once you clear these it should think you are a new visitor to the site and offer the download option again.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Hi ... thanx to JohnC2 and zulu17 all sorted and up and running ... thanx again for your help.
0 Ratings