Did you mean: 
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT TV web player app

Go to solution

Hi All  ........ can any body help to download 

BT TV web player app

I press the play on the programe required on trhe tv guide but it doesn't prompt me to download.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV web player app

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61

welcome to the community

Can I clarify that it is this

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62356/~/downloading-the-bt-tv-web-player-app

which you are attempting or expecting ?

or is it that you are expecting to be able to dowmload for later offline viewing  some BT TV content ?

I think  the bt web player app download is offered on the first access and can be declined or accepted - is it possible that the download was initially declined ?

0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi zulu17 ..... thanks for the reply, yes I think the link was declined but, have now decided to accept if that is possible.  is the a way?  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61 Try Watch BT TV on the Go and you should be able to install the BTTV App from there.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 I believe the link you've suggested only provides links  to download the BTTV app from Google Play and Apple App Store ,

I believe @Ericthered61 needs the Windows  BT Tv web player but having previously declined to install it is not seeing a prompt to install when selecting a BT Tv programme to play once they have  logged on to  BT TV on their browser.

0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Hi zulu17 ... yep, you are correct. Its for windows I need. Thanx
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61 sorry about the confusion. 

Can you try the following: log into your BTID and go to https://home.bt.com/ then go to the TV guide. Select the option to "Watch BT channels"  and select a program to watch and see if this gives you the pop up to install the player. 

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Hi John .... followed your instructions on selecting a programme it asks "watch now" have tried to click and double click on it nothing happens. Thanx Eric
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ericthered61 I suggested that as I tried it myself but I was using a different browser to what I usually use. I've checked into this again and can you clear your cookies and cache and try again. It is very likely that there is a cookie stored that shows you have visited before and declined the download. Once you clear these it should think you are a new visitor to the site and offer the download option again.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Ericthered61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Hi ... thanx to JohnC2 and zulu17 all sorted and up and running ... thanx again for your help.
0 Ratings