Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 39

i have following error with BT TV when trying to open  using windows 10

There's been a problem Sorry there's been a problem playing this programme, please re-start your browser and try again. (WP012) Close this page

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 39

Re: BT TV

Go to solution

According to  BT this is a Silverlight related error, instructions are as follows:

Try refreshing the page and attempting the action again.

If this doesn’t work, you may need to update your version of Silverlight. For information on the latest versions and how to do it, go to www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight

You may need to look at using a different browser though as I believe support for Silverlight ended many months ago.

0 Ratings
olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Go to solution

Thank you ,no I have done all the steps deleting Silverlight etc , have even reinstalled windows 10 ,I just don't understand why it doesn't work,  also regarding Silverlight all the demos work Netflix work, bt sport works ,just cannot get bt TV to work on my desktop which is running windows 10 1903 pro    

olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 39

Go to solution

Thank you ,no I have done all the steps deleting Silverlight etc , have even reinstalled windows 10 ,I just don't understand why it doesn't work, also regarding Silverlight all the demos work Netflix work, bt sport works ,just cannot get bt TV to work on my desktop which is running windows 10 1903 pr

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 39

Go to solution

Have you downloaded and installed the BT TV player available from your BT Dashboard ?

0 Ratings
olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 39

Go to solution

Yes downloaded install from ,https://www.player.bt.com/#/home

0 Ratings
olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Go to solution

I have reinstalled Silverlight and its working have run all the demos and tests and it works netfix works I just keep getting

There's been a problem

0 Ratings
olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 39

Go to solution

I've also tried all browsers any  help appreciated,

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 39

Go to solution

What version of the TV player are you running? I'm running 1.0.0.25 and it works fine Chrome.

Updating Silverlight on your PC will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

This is because not all browsers support Silverlight, however it is used to deliver content to your PC, this is where the BT TV player comes into play - it's basically a Silverlight client which will work with (I believe) most browsers.

So when you update Silverlight on your PC you are not updating the BT TV player nor are you addressing the problem.

Check you are at least running version 1.0.0.25 or a later version if there is one (I'm not a serial software updater, I subscribe to the theory 'If it aint broke don't fix it').

If you are running the version above or later then try uninstalling it, restart your PC, clear cookies, re-install, restart and try again 

0 Ratings
olley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 39

Go to solution

Thank you its  v3.1.17

0 Ratings