Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harrison364
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Ultimate via the App

Go to solution

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. 

Getting knowhere chatting to BT Customer Services as they don't seem up to date with latest releases.

Essentially I have BT Fibre broadband and home phone and pay for the BT Sport via the App, which I watch on my Xbox very happily. I recently tried to add BT TV to get UHD, the top tier TV package but in the e-mail confirmation there's no reference of UHD and the price dropped to £15 per month. BT are looking into this for me but I suspect it is because my broadband speed is rated too slow (30-50, with 34 gauranteed minimum). 

I've read some news articles online, BT customer support have denied this - but is it possible to simply upgrade my 'BT Sport via the App' package to include BT Sport Ultimate, allowing UHD, HDR etc via the BT Sport Xbox One app?

I was told you need to have BT TV to do this.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Ultimate via the App

Go to solution

Hi @harrison364 

You are probably looking for

the  newly announced BT Sport Ultimate bolt-on for £5 on a rolling-monthly basis.

If you Speak with sales on 0800 800 150 they'll be able to get that ordered for you.

halso recommend you have a read of 

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65242

harrison364
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you so much - that's so helpful. Really appreciate it!

Seems a little backwards that BT won't allow me to upgrade to the full UHD TV package due to my broadband speed, but will happily allow me to pay just £5 extra and allow me to watch on Xbox via the app. 

0 Ratings
AndyS22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

From what I've heard from a mate, BT Ultimate on BT TV uses an assured rate of 35mb. 

While the app uses an variable rate in which the pic will adjust itself according to your broadband speed. Similar to Amazon Prime smart tv app.

On the app 4k requires 25mb and 4K HDR requires 30mb.

harrison364
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciate it. Way more helpful than the BT live chat...

Really disappointed - I ordered the £20 a month UHD TV package but I've been sent the non-UHD BT TV box, and I can't even watch BT sport on it!? Only via the app..

Tempted to just cancel the whole thing and move elsewhere. Such a shambles.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @harrison364 

can you check the name of the Tv package that you are on ,  it would I think you in the email confirmation of your order details  or in the package section of the My Bt app.

0 Ratings
harrison364
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Entertainment Extra

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @harrison364,

I'm going to need to check your account and find out what's happening for you.

I've sent you a private message with some further info. We'll do all we can to help.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings