cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT YouView says I have to Register to watch BT Sport & ESPN online

I have had a BT YouView box since last Friday, and I have BT Infinity too, and it seems to work ok, but I when I select the BT Sports channels, it says I need to register.  I can get BT Sports on my computer ok, using my BT ID, but not on the YouView box.  I've emailed BT Employee Sports, but no reply yet.  I haven't tried ringing the 0800 number displayed on-screen, because I've seen other posts from people saying the 0800 number can't deal with BT Employee queries. I've tried re-setting my box, but that didn't help.  Any advice/suggestions please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT YouView says I have to Register to watch BT Sport & ESPN online

Go into MY BT and check MY EXTRAS. It should say there if "You are ready to watch BT Sport".

If it doesn't, then you have never probably registered for it on your tv, and need to do so. It doesn't happen automatically.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Agree you need to subscribe to have it on your box. You should be able to do this in my bt. It won't cost you
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thanks - I've looked there, but it seems to have me registered, so is only allowing me to upgrade.  One thing I noticed though, is that my Order says I was delivered a BT Vision + box last Friday, but I was actually sent a YouView last Friday box to replace the BT Vision + box I was previously sent in error.

I wonder if that could be linked to my problem.

0 Ratings
bonsai
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

What do your order confirmation / service activation e-mails say regarding TV packages?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

The emailI received on 2nd August said my TV service is ready.  I'm able to watch BT Sport on my computer by using the My BT ID linked to my home phone number, which is the same as my Infinity Broadband.  I've just been sent a BT Employee link about requesting BT TV (which I originally did back in June), but I've filled it in again, and put in the notes box that I don't need any new equipment - just activating Sports channels - so I will wait to see if I can get the channels before Saturday.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I meant to add that when I asked for a YouView box to replace my Vision + box, the email I recived from 'Employee BT Sport G' confirming this, also said BT Sport had been added to my account. 

0 Ratings
bilco99
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I had a similar problem - I used to have a BT Vision box and ordered a You View box and BT Sport in the same phone call.  Even though I got all the other extra channels - it turned out after several phone calls and loads of hassle that BT had added my BT Sport order to my old BT Vision box and not my new YouView box.  This got escalated, but in the end the only way that BT could fix this was to cancel my orignal order - wait for the cancellation to take affect and create a new order for my YouView box.  The ordinary orders department couldn't do this and had to pass me on to their "exceptions department".

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the info - sounds very similar to my situation.

0 Ratings