cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT and Sky Sports HD & SD - Error Code IPC6023

Go to solution

I received my BT Fibre and TV box yesterday - all worked fine for a few hours and then the subscription channels suddenly dropped. Whenever I try to watch the BT or Sky Sports channels on either SD or HD I get the IPC6023 error. After spending a couple of hours reading the related threads on this, I have tried the below multiple times without success. Does anyone have any other suggestions or next steps please?

- Factory Reset of the TV Box

- Multiple Router Resets

- Tried both a wired and wireless connection

- Checked my speed - have 50+ mbps

- Tried SD Channels

Thanks!

James

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT and Sky Sports HD & SD - Error Code IPC6023

Go to solution

Power cycle the ONT, leave it off for between 30 -60 seconds before restoring power

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for the rapid response Les, much appreciated.

I've just searched high and low for an ONT but I cannot find one (we have just moved in). There is something on the wall that looks like it could maybe a NID, with the speeds we are getting (62 MBPS Down, 18 Up) I think this could still be copper as opposed to fibre? (Apologies if I am hilariously wrong here!)

I'm guessing the best next step would be to give BT a call, sounds like it may need an engineer?

Cheers,

James 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry, a bit of an assumption on my part there.

Your connection will most likely either be FTTC in which case your hub will connect to your normal telephone socket or FTTP in which case the fibre terminates in a larger box called an ONT in your house, given the speeds you quote it's not likely to be FTTP.

The measures you have already taken usually remedy the problem, check which version of Halo you're on, you may be entitled to a number of free engineer visits

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

No problem - this is fixed now - sharing the solution here, just in case useful to any future Googlers 🙂

The router was set to FTTP, changing port 4 to FTTC via logging on as admin resolved the issue.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Similar situation. Received my Smart Hub 2 to yesterday (existing BT customer). Everything was set-up with no issues regarding WiFi. Tried to watch the football this evening and I got the error message. Ended-up simple disconnecting my Hub’s and TV box’s power and then restarting them, which thankfully did the job.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Error Code IPC6023

Go to solution

HI there

hunting around for the solution to Error Code IPC6023 where live TV doesn't stream on the usual UK TV channels via the BT TV Box.

Have FFTP to the house, BT TV box connected by Ethernet to Smart Hub Router, connected to the Open Reach box on the wall. Have tried all manner of resets & log offs & disconnecting of cables etc / 20 second Hub resets & BT TV box factory starts/BT agents on chat resetting the TV box etc. It's not the ethernet cable itself or the ports on the router.

Connected up to BT last week, LGTV arrived at Wknd & then encountered this issue then. Same on Wifi when connecting the BT TV box to that instead.

Everything else in the house works on Wifi /Ethernet though & speeds are fine/ connections clear.

The best solution I tracked down in the forms mentioned ;

' The router was set to FTTP, changing port 4 to FTTC via logging on as admin resolved the issue.'

So I logged in to the router as admin, went to the broadband page on Advanced Settings - went to go to Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode and change the status but couldn't see any options mentioning specific ports or FTTC which I now see is Fibre to the Cabinet & not what we have anyway. When experimenting with toggling that FFTP button the message  says; This will set the Hub to use the grey 'Broadband' port for your broadband connection.

So I didn't go any further with that - which chat message BT assistant also advised not to do as well - I guess because we do actually have FTTP (full fibre to the property) .

The Assistant on chat bot says she's escalated it & someone will get in touch with me in next week or so- but if anyone has any ideas in meantime, be glad of the help/advice!

cheers

Simon

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Re: Error Code IPC6023

Go to solution

Hi @Spo48 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about the IPC 6023 error code. It sounds like you've got the fault reported but in case there are any problems getting it sorted I've dropped you a private message so you can get in touch if needed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Re: Error Code IPC6023

Go to solution

Cheers!

0 Ratings