cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT app on smart tv

Go to solution

I have noticed that trying to login to BTsport on a Samsung smart TV there is no option for uppercase when submitting the ID information so if using your email with a capital you are not able to login. This has only happened just recently which leads to think that the app has been upgraded. Is BT going to upgrade the app to enable uppercase to be inserted in the ID as there is in the password.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT app on smart tv

Go to solution

It's always been like that in the BT TV and BT Sport apps - your username is always lower case.

Email addresses aren't case sensitive, so you're welcome to add capitals if you feel it makes it look nicer, but they make no difference to the delivery.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
It doesn’t work, it comes up with a code 1D00
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Assuming you mean ID001, it means you're entering your username or password wrong. The case on the username isn't the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
I would add it works on my iPad ok so the username and password are correct
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

There's no ambiguity on this one @Briboy279 - ID001 very specifically means username or password incorrect. If you'd said that you could log into web but not TV then there's a chance it could be a sync issue at our end, but the iPad app and Samsung app use the same back end to validate the credentials. I can only suggest you check very carefully what you're entering.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
I did a software upgrade on the tv and it is now working, it must have been a glitch.
Thanks