Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-Graveling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT app

Hello

Why is it that the bt app won't play , saying I have reached maximum number of device's? One day it plays next it doesn't.  When I check devices I only have 4 and chromecast is registered twice,  how does this happen? 2nd time I have had this happen ....doing my head in !!

Screenshot_20200905-135746_BT TV.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT app

@John-Graveling 

Wonder if your Chromecast has done an update and now the BTTV app thinks it's a new device?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 8

What device is telling you it can't be used @John-Graveling ?

Chromecast appearing twice would suggest that your device was factory reset some time between August 13th and 22nd. Delete the older one and that space will become available for use again on September 21st (30 days after a device was last added).

0 Ratings
John-Graveling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

But should play now, 4 devices are ok . It's not playing from my phone , casting to chromecast 

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 8

Agree it should play on the Chromecast ok now, unless it has been reset again since August 22nd
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Is it a   plug in Chromecast or is it a TV with a builtin Chromecast ?

0 Ratings
John-Graveling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Plug in type,  I do remember now re setting the chromecast because it would not pick up the cast , so if I do this it registers as another even though it is the same one?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 8

Afraid so @John-Graveling - the device generates a new ID for itself when it is reset, so BT TV sees it as a new device.

If you send me a private message with your BT ID and BT Account number, I can reset your device slots to allow you to use your Chromecast straight away.

0 Ratings