cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT should issue an apology for trying to charge its subscribers to watch UFC main event tonight

Been with BT sport since it began but will be cancelling if this goes ahead. Complete greed and a total disgrace. Already pay for the events they provide and UFC is included in this. Shambles.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT should issue an apology for trying to charge its subscribers to watch UFC main event tonight

Same here BT is a bunch of robbers enough is never enough, disgrace when you pay for BT Sport and then they want more to watch UFC, you wait this will be every event once they know they can extract more money, I hope BT burn and crash, like you I've been with them since the beginning. Back to pirate downloads it is then so they will loose in the end. We need a big competitor to take their business away.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT should issue an apology for trying to charge its subscribers to watch UFC main event tonight

@softsorter wrote:

We need a big competitor to take their business away.

There's one already, and it's been operating PPV for years.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
d2098329
Message 4 of 8

I hate this, it happens with the boxing, all shows should just be included with the ordinary fee and not on box office.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

@d2098329 wrote:

I hate this, it happens with the boxing, all shows should just be included with the ordinary fee and not on box office.

They're simply optional extras. Are you saying that, if a provider deems that rights to show a particular event are too costly to cover within standard fees, you'd be happier they didn't show the event at all?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 8

I agree costs should be covered and that BT should make it clear when they get certain rights how they are going to show these rights. With boxing that is exactly what they have done. OK with that.

However, with the UFC, when BT retrieved the rights from Eleven Sports, BT announced that they will be shown on BT Sports. It was much later that they announced chosen fights would appear on Box Office - backtracking on their previous announcement. 

Stew

0 Ratings
d2098329
Message 7 of 8

I would not be happier if they didn't show the event at all? They know that the hardcore fans will pay for the extra content which is still only being shown on their network.

0 Ratings
d2098329
Message 8 of 8

I thought it happened with the boxing as well, but as I don't watch UFC I wasn't aware of the ufc broadcast rights

0 Ratings