cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

BT sport - Microsoft edge

I have been watching BT sport since Christmas via my laptop and Microsoft edge. I have come to log on today and am being code VC088

When I search this I am being told BT sport does not support certain versions of Edge for replays. I am not watching a replay and it’s worked fine every time I’ve watched so far.

can anyone help please? I’d like to avoid having to install a new browser

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT sport - Microsoft edge

Hi @Stu84,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. Can you try clearing your internet cookies to see if that helps?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the help. I’ve cleared the cookies a few times, if anything this may have caused the problem, I cleared the browser history for the first time this week and that has been the only thing I’ve changed since last watching.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Hi there, is there any update on this. It doesn't work on Edge for me and comes up about edge not supporting the enhanced player.

Chrome and explorer it works fine. I've deleted cookies etc and now I'm stuck as in how to fix it. I've not updated to Windows 10 yet but I don't know if that's the problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 9

Hi scott0904 - Sorry you've had this problem. Unfortunately we had to make an update recently to our webplayer after a major browser updated their code, so Edge does now occasionally see issues for some customers. Really sorry about that but best way to combat it is to try on another browser. Let us know if the issue persists.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Alternatively, BT could actually fix the problems they have created!

I assume this is also the same change that stopped BT Sport playing on the browser on LG Televisions and prevents playback using the built in Airplay 2 capability of that TV

I know you employ the cheapest possible IT developers, but maybe they could be set to work in this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

I have the same issue. I have been watching BT Sport on my Samsung Smart TV with no problem  for 12 months + until recently. There is no other option for another browser on my  Samsung TV and my TV does not have access to the App in it's App store in Ireland. Going to have to cancel my subscription altogether unless this issue is sorted as there is no other way for me to stream onto my television. My wifi is a mobile broadband and so doesn't support Chromecast or similar due to the frequency. Very disappointing and frustrating. Is there any other way around this issue or any sign of this issue being resolved in the future?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Use Firefox. It still plays BT Sport, just click yes on the cookies message that pops up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Microsoft have updated the Edge browser, it now uses the Chromium platform (as does Google Chrome) but it's still a bit buggy and I suspect that could be the problem

0 Ratings