cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT sport and error code CN001

I keep getting an error code CN001 and then getting the wifi terminated when trying to watch BT sport on an ipad. It happens after about 2-3 minutes and I have to reboot the hub. Sky go works fine. I also have to continually reboot the hub on an at least daily basis. I have tried resetting the hub and that doesn't work.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT sport and error code CN001

Hi @malcolmpickard, welcome to the forum and sorry you are having a problem with watching the BT Sport App on your iPad. 
Have you tried uninstalling the BT Sport App and installing it again to see if that fixes the fault?
Are you experiencing any issues with your broadband speed or connection? and if so does the app work ok on 4G or 5G connection or another wifi connection?
Do you have BT TV and if so are you able to watch the BT Sport channels ok on it?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. Yes to BT TV and it works through power adaptors. Speed seems to be OK But I do have to switch the power on and off to the hub on an, at least, daily basis to get the wifi network working again
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

CN001 occurs when the device tells the BT Sport app that it's offline. i.e. CN001 is a symptom of the problem, not the cause.
It sounds like you have wifi issues there ... possibly a dodgy hub, maybe local interference, or it could just be the signal isn't strong enough where you're using your device to reliably stay connected.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Darren Dev.

That's helpful. It occurs when i am within 6 feet of the hub and it is the only app with which it occurs. Skygo works fine fine in the same position/ I did wonder about the hub because i have to keep powering it off and on. But I would have expected all apps to be the same. What do you think and how can I test the hub?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Can you please send me a DM with your BT account details, and I'll take a look at your hub.  There shouldn't be anything that the BT Sport app could possibly do to cause your wifi to drop out, so it sounds like a dodgy hub.

0 Ratings