cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT sport and sky multiroom

Go to solution

We have sky multi room which means we have 2 separate sky boxes connected to two televisions. Our main television is away at the doctors so I set up the sky box on the 2nd television to record BT sport and it tells me I do not have a subscription. We pay £22.00 a month for BT sport. Are we limited to one sky box. Also I cannot view it on my computer. Is this right?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT sport and sky multiroom

Go to solution

I believe if you subscribe to BT Sport on Sky directly through BT, you have access to the app but if you choose to subscribe via Sky then you don't.

Will regards to Multiroom, I think you have to pay extra for additional box access.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

In the short term, couldn’t you move the Sky card ( presuming you have Sky HD ) from the Sky box connected to the TV at the doctors, and replace the card in the multi room box with it, that way the BT Sport subscription is in that second TV box, if it’s Sky HD, when you subscribe to BT Sport over Sky you advise the Sky viewing card number to BT, that is the card that’s authorised to access BT Sport, when the poorly TV is back, swap the cards back

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

if you swap cards as suggested by @iniltous  you also have to pair the card to the 'new' sky box  this can be done at SKY online in your SKY account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I would have thought that swapping boxes would be the least hassle.