cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

BT sport app not casting in HD

BT sport app has suddenly stopped casting in HD. Everything connected correctly. I've not changed any settings.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT sport app not casting in HD

@Geo76 

Enhanced player - you can only choose the picture quality when you launch the Enhanced player, not when you're already in it. So if you want to change, you'll need to close the player and re-open it.

Standard player - you can choose the quality within the Standard player. Simply click on the 'HD/SD' symbol while you're watching and pick the one you want.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

So how come it was casting in HD all day Saturday but not now on Sunday morning?
What is error CC_P01?? I can't find it anywhere....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

There is some discussion on that error code in the Google support forum

https://support.google.com/chromecast/forum/AAAAt7PFQG4k4-SDoFq_pI/?hl=en

is it a regular error that you are getting ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

I only get that error when casting in HD.
Should the Chromecast be 2.4 GHz or 5?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

It's working now. BT sport 1 2 and3 HD are casting in HD except ESPN HD.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Update: I changed channel now not casting in HD.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I’m glad that it’s not just me that has had this problem. I first noticed it about a month ago and reported it on Twitter. I have a Chromecast Mk 1 & 2 and it doesn’t seem to make any difference if I swap them over. I have exactly the same issue, sometimes BT Sport1, 2 & 3 will be fine but BT Sport ESPN will have a problem. I wondered if it was because I had plugged the Chromecast into the USB slot on the tv rather than the mains, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference either. I watched loads of sport over the weekend without any issues. I’m going to watch the Scottish football this evening, but at the moment it isn’t casting in HD. It’s extremely frustrating. It’s almost as though someone has switched over to the picture quality that we had before it was upgraded to full HD back in January. So, it isn’t just me and my set up, there is most definitely something going wrong here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Must be something wrong with the app because I'm using the BT TV app and it's casting BT sport 1 2 3 and ESPN HD perfectly.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Ok, that’s interesting. I don’t have BTTV. I just pay for the BT Sport app/online. It’s just becoming more and more frustrating. I’m watching at the moment and BT Sport 2’s in HD but all of the others aren’t. It doesn’t seem to matter what I do. I have no control over the quality of the picture when casting. I don’t think that the problem is with the app myself, because the channels are all in HD on my iPad. It’s only when I cast them that the problems occur. I think that the problem is with Chromecast, but it does seem bizarre that at any given moment one or more of the channels are in HD when being cast, but the others are not. 

0 Ratings