cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT sport app on LG smart TV

Go to solution

Having recently bought a LG smart TV I would like to be able to go direct to BT sport on it, rather than use the app on my phone + Chromecast. I can get BT sport via the website on my PC. The website on the tv says I must update my browser. LG says I can't update my browser. BT says I need to download the app on to the tv. I asked LG how to do this and the reply was "Ask BT". I asked BT and the reply was "Ask LG"!!

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT sport app on LG smart TV

Go to solution

At present there is no BT SPORT app for LG TV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Pity the BT advisor did not tell me that!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

After my recent query about unavailability of BT sport app on my new LG tv I put in a complaint to BT. This morning I received a phone call from a very helpful advisor who reported that the problem is a licence issue between BT and LG which has been going on for some time without reaching a conclusion. I pointed out that the advisor I had an online typed chat with did not know this, as if he had it would have saved me a lot of bother and frustration. She genuinely apologised and said she would report this back. So that is where the current situation is. 

I am "watching this space" but definitely not holding my breath.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Will there be a TNT app when the rebranding happens in the spring?

My experience has been that the BT Sport app has been generally good aside from the inability to open on my LG TV or there being weird blocks from time to time from using AirPlay

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

The expectation is that it will be the Discovery + App will have the content . So that app (Discovery +) would be the one you need in late July.

0 Ratings