cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveB78
Beginner
Message 1 of 49

BT sport app says I need to upgrade subscription but I've got a monthly pass?

I bought a monthly pass to watch the Champions League but when I log on to the app it says I need to upgrade my subscription and directs me to an EE site. I think its picking up an EE freebie I had years ago. Any idea how to fix this before I miss even more of the football?

Thanks.

Dave

0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 49

Re: BT sport app says I need to upgrade subscription but I've got a monthly pass?

You're right @DaveB78 - it's picking up your old EE subscription, rather than your new monthly pass. I've got someone looking at this right now - I'll get back to you shortly to either confirm it fixed, or provide instructions on how you can fix it yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 49

Re: BT sport app says I need to upgrade subscription but I've got a monthly pass?

We have an automated fix for this due to go live next week, which will prevent this from happening to anyone else.
In the meantime, we've applied a workaround to your account to allow you to use your monthly pass correctly. Could you please confirm that it now works OK @DaveB78?

Please note that if you cancel your monthly pass, you'll need to get back in touch with us to remove the workaround so that you can use your EE entitlement again.
0 Ratings
DaveB78
Beginner
Message 4 of 49

Yes it works now. Thanks for such quick work!

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 49

Great. Thanks for confirming.
0 Ratings
andykhayward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 49

I am having the same issue.  Can you hep me too?

regards,

Andy

0 Ratings
marko88
Beginner
Message 7 of 49

On a similar note, the PC app has now stopped me from watching.

I have BT Sport through EE and can now only use it on my phone. Does anyone know the cheapest way to "upgrade" so I can watch it on my PC and/or PS4? It's not exactly very enjoyable watching a game on your phone when you're at home. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 49

No problem @andykhayward, I've submitted the request. It should be fixed tomorrow morning.
0 Ratings
lukemartin88
Beginner
Message 9 of 49

I'm also experiencing this issue .

I bought a monthly pass yesterday, but depending on the device it either just tells me something went wrong or I need to upgrade. I did not receive an activation email or any other confirmation, but it appears on my banking app. Would appreciate some help!

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 49

Hi @lukemartin88,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that you are experiencing the same issue.

I take it that you are able to watch on small screens (mobile) but not on large screens?

Have you ever had BT Sport free of charge with EE mobile before?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings