Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT sport lite?

Hi, 

Been a BT Sport subscriber for years, and use the app frequently, last used on Friday to see the Bayern game no problems. 

Went to watch last 5 minutes of the Seville game tonight and the app is saying I cannot, need to upgrade from BT Sport lite package to BT Sport pack??

I've been online to check my package and no change there, any ideas why this has occurred? 

Cheers 

Oubykh

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT sport lite?

Hi @oubykh sorry that you are unable to access the BT Sport App last night. 
When you check your package online what BT Sport pack does is show?
Are you still unable to access the app today?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi john

Thanks for replying, 

My bill says BT sports pack, and I've not changed anything for years with my deal.

If I open the BT sport app certain things now have a purple padlock against them which hasn't happened before, and I get the same message as last night that I need to upgrade from 'lite', if I try to watch certain things. 

I went onto the website, and was able to watch those items on there though, doesn't seem to be restricted? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi @oubykh thanks for checking that for me. With the BT Sport Lite you only get the BT Sport 1 Channel. You may find programs from other channels are not available but the Seville game was on BT Sport 1 so not sure what went wrong. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to look into this further with you.

cheers

John

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your John, I was going to DM the mods last night, but checked the app first to give some evidence of what I could and couldn't watch, and all  seems fine again. 

All the events that were padlocked are now available, in fact no padlocks/restrictions on anything, and I was able to open BT SPORT 3 channel which was one of many blocked.

Why it decided that I was a 'lite' user for 48hrs??

Anyway thanks again, if it reoccurs I'll DM the details you suggested. 

Cheers

0 Ratings