cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT sport not working

Go to solution

My BTsport won’t work on my ipad. Error code VC547. Can’t find the code. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT sport not working

Go to solution

Is it an iPad Mini 4 (2015)?  If so, Apple broke it with the iOS 15.4 update - you should find that it affects all video players on the device.

You'll find that ITV player also fails on the device, however if you keep trying over and over (15+ times) the video will eventually play.  When it works in the ITV player, you'll then find that BT Sport works too - until the device is next rebooted.

We've raised it with Apple (as I'm sure many other app providers have).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Yep, it’s an iPad mini 4. I’ll try your suggestions & let you know if it works. Thanks Darren.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Perfect now Darren! Many thanks again! 👍
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Good to know. Thanks. Out of curiosity, did you count the number of attempts it took?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Just once! ITV hub came up with a message saying that there was a lot of buffering, but cleared quickly. Shut it down, went to BT sport & Boom! I’ll have to remember for the next time. 👍 My ipad keeps switching off at random times & sometimes with 100% battery, so constantly on charge at the moment.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Ooooo, I wonder if they've found a way to fix it quicker then?

For us the core player crashes, causing the video to stop. We've yet to find a workaround.

Thanks for the info.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I think the issue is with the app itself. I can access the sport channels through the BT TV app so why not through the sport app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

The BT TV and BT Sport apps are very different in the way they operate, with the big difference being:

The BT TV app uses software embedded within the app to decrypt the video.

The BT Sport app uses native support on the device to decrypt it.

BT Sport is doing it the proper way - the way all apps should operate nowadays.  The BT TV app was written that way 8 years ago, and hasn't caught up with modern methods yet - but we're working on it.

0 Ratings