cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffreysmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT sport on Samsung TV

How do I watch btsport using the bt app on Samsung Tv's as I just cant login using the username and password that works when i used it in a browser to watch bt sport.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT sport on Samsung TV

@jeffreysmith Thanks for posting, do you have a BT TV subscription?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jeffreysmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I pay £9.00 for BT sport pack.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@jeffreysmith Ah I see, thats for app only access to the BT Sport channels. The app you've installed on your TV is for all the BT TV channels that come with a BT TV subscription. I'm afraid what you're trying to do won't work.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jeffreysmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Is there a way to do this without having to plugin my laptop to the tv. 

The tv is 4K but the output from my laptop wont be.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@jeffreysmith if you have Chromecast or Apple Tv you can cast to the TV which would avoid having to plug in your laptop to the TV. The steam will be in HD if your connection is fast enough but the only way to get 4K UHD BT Sport is via our BT TV UHD Youview box.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jeffreysmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Cant really believe the only solution to this is to purcahse another physical box either BT or chromecast to watch BT sport on my TV. chromecast is an extra layer of complexity that my wife will not understand so is a no go.

You have actully gone to the trouble of creating an app for samsung ,firestick and probably more but it makes no sense why you would not let people that pay for BTsports to watch it through these.

I can watch live sport on my mobile but not on my TV seems nuts to me.

sky seem to be heading for IPTV service and I have to assume BT will be as well so any idea when this will be available ?

I'm probably just going to cancel the sport package as jerry rigging up something to my TV everytime I actully want to watch something on BT sport is just too much of a pain.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@jeffreysmith I'm sorry you feel that way and I can understand your frustrations but the only way to view on a large screen at the moment via the BT Sport app is to cast using the methods I've posted which is really easy to set up and use once it's in place. 

With regards to your IPTV question the BT TV service already delivers all of the subscription channels via BT Broadband to the Youview box and then the freeview channels come via your aerial.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jeffreysmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I dont understand why you making using your product so much harder then it has to be. 

Im just going to cancel it, can you point me at how to do this online it seems very well hidden.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@jeffreysmith I'm really sorry you feel that way, you'll need to call 0800 800 030 and chose the option to cancel. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings