cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT sport on laptop problems

Go to solution

I hope someone can help as I’m going round in circles when I contact BT.

we have full BT sport through Sky tv.

when I try to watch bt sport on my laptop it says, You need to upgrade your subscription to watch this content on this platform.

I tried the cookies, resetting my details, everything. My stepson  80 miles away, tried on his laptop and got the same message. 
my husband tried on his laptop and same message.

BT say the account is fine and it isn’t that.

please could anyone offer advice??!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT sport on laptop problems

Go to solution

As per my DM to you, the issue is that your BT Sport subscription has been tagged as from BT Mobile, which is why it's telling you to upgrade.  This is definitely a mistake - one of my colleagues will correct this for you tomorrow. We'll also see what we can do to work out how it managed to get in this confused state.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thankyou so much.

I have spent hours and hours on this, for months-  I kept telling BT it was an account issue but they wouldn’t have it.

it has been escalated 3 times to the tech people but nobody was interested. They just kept saying it was my fault - cookies, browser etc. I even upgraded to BT halo!! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Ouch, that's very frustrating to hear Helen. I've added a note to the ticket for one of my colleagues to check the history on this. I wouldn't expect the helpdesk to have identified this issue, but the back end team should have spotted it instantly.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
That's your account now sorted Helen. From the account history, it looks like unfortunately only your most recent call made it to correct team to investigate - it was still in their queue. We've removed it now, to prevent duplicated effort.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Darren

While I very much appreciate your help in sorting this, I’m furious that none of my previous complaints and requests, all were escalated apparently, have been looked at properly.

You sorted this in 5 minutes.

I’ve spent hours and hours on this, going round in circles, really stressed and fed up and I want to make (another) complaint. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I totally understand Helen. That's not something I can help with though I'm afraid - check out the web site for that: Complaints | BT Help

0 Ratings