Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john16
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BT sport subscription

Go to solution

Just received email from BT saying my free subscription for BT sport comes to an end in July. I have to click on link to renew my subscription to BT broadband for another 12 month contract to receive BT sport again. Is the sport subscription free again it doesn't make this clear anywhere ?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT sport subscription

Go to solution

At present BT Sport is free to BT Broadband customers provided there's at least 12 months left on the BB contract, which is why you have to renew it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
john16
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

So it is free as long as i sign up for broadband for 12 months again, OK

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Just make sure you negotiate a good deal when signing up for another 12 months.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
Yes, as suggested discuss what broadband and calls deal they will do for you if you sign up for another minimum of 12 months. Talk to the Customer Options Team on 0800 800 030 if necessary.

Some people just renew a BT Sport subscription contract and it just renews their current broadband and calls deal on a new 12 month minimum term in the background. A missed opportunity to negotiate a better deal.

Note also that it doesn't guarantee free BT Sport for another 12 months. BT can change the pricing at any time with 40 days' notice giving the option to cancel BT Sport if you want to. Who knows what will happen from Aug?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
Note that the BT Sport contract is I think only 30 days minimum term. It doesn't really matter if they leave your current BT Sport contract running or officially re-contract you and start a new one. You would only be tied in for 30 days.

As explained earlier it's the broadband and calls that you are committing to for at least 12 months in order to keep getting the discounted BT Sport.
0 Ratings
stevie007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I have infinity 2 and my contract ends soon which if I renew I have to pay £5 pm instead of £6.75, as below.

Your broadband contract ends soon! Renew your broadband today to avoid paying an extra £6.75 a month for BT Sport Pack and get it for £5/mth. Or get it FREE with BT TV.

You only get it free if you have BT TV.

So I have been on the BT website to cancel BT Sport as now no longer needed but I cannot find any info as to how to cancel it!

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

I think you can only cancel BT Sport on Sky over the phone. See the Contact Us link at the top of the forum pages.

Is there a free BT Sport 1 only option on Sky for BT broadband customers? The £5 is for the full set of channels including the new BT Sport Europe channel.

See  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-has-announced-its-new-packages-for-BT-Sport-for-the-15-16/td...

which says

"For those who don’t wish to take BT Sport Europe, BT will give its broadband customers the option of receiving BT Sport 1 for free for a third season. This channel will show all 38 live Barclays Premier League matches as well as the Aviva Premiership and SPFL."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
BBC News (tech) says that's the BT Sport Europe is in 4k.
Unless I'm mistaken 4k requires a dedicated TV receiver. my HD TV is only 2 years old and It's not going to be renewed.
There was sufficient argument with the dealer, in telling him that 32inch screen was adequate. 4k is going to encourage the sales of 50 inch monsters and upwards.
Isn't that going to limit the number of subscribers?
I'm not particularly interested in Europe sport. Is it going to be a "by default" situation, I.e. If you do nothing, you will be opted in?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

BT Sport Europe will be available in both SD and HD.

There will also be a new BT Sport UHD channel launching. It's expected that a new model of BT Youview box will be released to support this. Obviously you will also need a UHD TV to display the picture in all its glory. 

0 Ratings