cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
957 Views
Message 1 of 12

BT sport the death of football for kids

Well done BT you have now managed to stop even more kids watching football on tv, by making sure no one can watch it on freeview anymore.

 

Companies like you and sky have killed football in this country and for the working class parent and children. The world has purely become an elite race for elite idiots and sod everyone else.

 

Your companies are indeed ethnic cleansing real people of all they have in life and the small luxuries these families can afford.

 

I will NOT buy your Bt sports and broadband for this and WILL WATCH IT LIVE STREAMED ON MY PC from YOUR customers for FREE.

 

Give yourselves a round of applause. Greedy, money grabbing and clueless about footballs roots.

11 REPLIES 11
scointer
Recognised Expert
947 Views
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids

Have you even read the press release.....

 

New free-to-air channel

We will also be launching a new, free-to-air channel on digital TV, BT Sport Showcase. It will show a minimum of 12 UEFA Champions League matches and 14 Europa League matches. Each British team taking part will be shown at least once.

KernowChris
Expert
926 Views
Message 3 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids

It's not BT or Sky. The Football Organisations have a product, they're not charities, which they sell. It's an attractive product and attracts broadcasters because of that. The bidding process is transparent, the broadcasters choose to invest and need to recoup this investment. 

 

Yes, I'd like cheaper sport, and BT are providing this with their marketing technique of bundling. 

 

If we didn't have this model the game itself would suffer and we would all react to that too.

Distinguished Guru
877 Views
Message 4 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids

I'd like no sport, and I certainly don't want to pay for it (bundled or otherwise).

 

If sport moving to pay TV frees up more money at the BBC and ITV to spend on other programmes, then that's only a good thing so far as I'm concerned.

0 Ratings
Reply
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
868 Views
Message 5 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids

Let's come down to earth for a bit. You're talking £5 a month, a little over a pint of beer. Really that's not going to break the bank now is it?

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
852 Views
Message 6 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids


@ronaldrobins wrote:

Well done BT you have now managed to stop even more kids watching football on tv, by making sure no one can watch it on freeview anymore.

 

Companies like you and sky have killed football in this country and for the working class parent and children. The world has purely become an elite race for elite idiots and sod everyone else.

 

Your companies are indeed ethnic cleansing real people of all they have in life and the small luxuries these families can afford.

 

I will NOT buy your Bt sports and broadband for this and WILL WATCH IT LIVE STREAMED ON MY PC from YOUR customers for FREE.

 

Give yourselves a round of applause. Greedy, money grabbing and clueless about footballs roots.


Why is it that you blame the broadcasters and not the football clubs?

 

The premier league clubs aren't really clubs at all these days.  They are big businesses who are out to make as much money as they possibly can.  They could licence their matches to the free terrestrial TV companies for a small fee, but they don't.

 

Instead, they put the rights out for auction to the highest bidder.  Until recently, that was Sky.  Now BT have entered the market, so it's either BT and Sky.  Either way, the reason you can't watch the footy on free TV is because the of greed of the clubs and the superstar players they have to pay huge sums to.

Highlighted
Oliver341
Expert
781 Views
Message 7 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids

I agree.

 

Could Premier League sell 20 matches per season to BBC or ITV? Yup.

 

Do they? Nope.

Oliver.
popshot
Contributor
752 Views
Message 8 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids


@Hunter2660 wrote:

Let's come down to earth for a bit. You're talking £5 a month, a little over a pint of beer. Really that's not going to break the bank now is it?


It's £5 a month plus the most expensive broadband about, so it's not just £5 a month. You need to add in the difference between BT broadband and the cheapest of the rest depending on what level of broadband you purchase.

 

Example. Std unlimited BT fibre is £12.50 a month for contract term. It's £5 at Talktalk making the sport cost you £12.79 a month (29p cheaper line rental to add in too)

 

It's only the free sport that drew people in to buy the expensive broadband.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
740 Views
Message 9 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids


@popshot wrote:

@Hunter2660 wrote:

Let's come down to earth for a bit. You're talking £5 a month, a little over a pint of beer. Really that's not going to break the bank now is it?


It's £5 a month plus the most expensive broadband about, so it's not just £5 a month. You need to add in the difference between BT broadband and the cheapest of the rest depending on what level of broadband you purchase.

 

Example. Std unlimited BT fibre is £12.50 a month for contract term. It's £5 at Talktalk making the sport cost you £12.79 a month (29p cheaper line rental to add in too)  They're deals for new customers, and the BT one includes the BT Sport package; BT also offer a 17Mb option (probably enough for most users) for £7.50. All of which means that the initial net cost of BT Sport can be less than you're suggesting. Of course, subsequent deals will depend on what providers are offering at the time, and significant numbers of customers will be sufficiently inert or bewildered to stay put.  

 

It's only the free sport that drew people in to buy the expensive broadband.  Another sweeping claim, though perhaps you meant to say "some people". If there's any truth in it, BT should be in for a big loss of BB customers. We'll see.


--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Reply
popshot
Contributor
730 Views
Message 10 of 12

Re: BT sport the death of football for kids

A sweeping statement for sure and one which I stand corrected on. Fair point, though to be honest I can't think of any other reason someone would choose a more expensive product over a cheaper one. Reliability? No! Bt had .285 complaints per 1000 customers whereas Talktalk had 0.235 and Sky just 0.07 in 2014.

 

Deals fior new customers - indeed they are. Existing customers usually get a much worse deal so are you implying that someone renewing broadband with BT to get the sport will pay even more? Most people would expect that is the case. That makes getting the "£5" sport even more expensive than my example. My example for anyone renewing unlimited infinity 1 at full price would cost them £23.29 a month for their £5 sport package over moving to Talktalk for the same broadband.

 

BT as an existing customer

Full price infiinty 1 £23

Sport £5

 

Talktalk as a new customer

£5

 

The 29p is the line rental difference. I doubt many people are in reality paying just £5 a month for BT sport.

0 Ratings
Reply