Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jon_b1
Message 1 of 6

BT sport via my sky box

Go to solution

I subscribe to BT sport and watch via my sky box- I have an active sky account and viewing card. 

What happens if I close my sky account? Can I still watch BT sport (via my sky box) or does this only work if there is an active sky account?

In the alternative, can BT sport be viewed through my smart LG tv?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
robc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT sport via my sky box

Go to solution

If you cancel your Sky TV subscription, your viewing card will in effect become a 'Freesat from Sky' card.

You will lose the ability to record programs, but BT Sport will still work.

Don't forget that if you have a SkyQ box that this will need returning to Sky as you do not own it (like the

Sky+HD boxes), you rent it from Sky.

Regards

Rob

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

that's interesting as I would have expected as you are actually closing your sky account and you need an active account to link to your bt sport with sky that you would not continue to get BT sport just freeview

please post back and let me know either way

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It is the Sky card that BT update for BT Sport.

You do not need to have any Sky Channels active.

Rob

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

But you need an active sky account in the same name as the BT account - there are post where wife has BT and husband with sky and it does not link so not just the viewing card number hence why hoping OP posts back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

But the OP will have an account (your details are not removed from 'MY Sky') associated with his viewing card.

BT is reponsible for managing BT sport via Sky and as long as the card is active (which it will be), and the OP

is paying BT, then the BT Sport channels will remain accessible on the Sky EPG.

As I said earlier, if the OP has a Sky+HD box , he will lose the ability to record them. If he has a SkyQ box, he will have to return it and source a Sky box and pair it with his viewing card.

I used a  SkyHD box (DRX595) with a 'Freesat from Sky' card and had access to the BT Sport channels with no problem.

rob

0 Ratings