cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

BT sports app audio out of sync on a Samsung tv

I have the BT sport app installed on my Samsung KS8000 smart tv.

All was well until this weekend when all live broadcast shows start perfectly when I select the channel then after approximately 1 minute the audio restarts at the beginning of when I first turned the channel on and the video is then out of sync by that minute and this stays the same for the complete live broadcast.

Anything that is not live is in sync , so any highlights shows or reruns or documentary shows are fine.

I have updated my tv to the latest update. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I have rebooted the tv but the problem still persists.

It was fine when I watched the Joe Joyce fight a few weeks ago but this weekends live boxing was out of sync and unwatchable.

Any help or ideas will be gratefully received .

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT sports app audio out of sync on a Samsung tv

It unfortunately appears to be an issue with Samsung 2016 TVs @jortat 

It has been discussed a lot here: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Samsung-tv-app-freezing/m-p/2179602#M298...

If you're able to contact Samsung and provide the details in the post I linked to above, it could really help the investigation.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hello i am also facing this issue. the video and audio are not in sync anymore it started happening a month or so a go. this is pathetic why am i paying for ultimate and having this problem. it appears to happen once the video is buffered to atleast HD. Also the HD on a lenova full hd table is sluggish and in slow motion as if the tablet cant handle it so i have to run it in SD. although youtube, sky go, amazon netflix all work in 1080p flawlessly.

And Finally the samsung tv i have showed all ticks in device checker until recently which now has a x for 4k due to techincal limitations. again no problem with sky in 4k hdr, neflix or amazon so why are BT taking the mick. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

The problem seems to be with HD channels on mine. 

No other apps are affected so it can only be a BT issue. 

The myBT app is faulty, this app is faulty- and the only answers being suggested by BT  demonstrate a lack of understanding or admission that anything is wrong. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

See the thread linked to above @karlcleife - 134 messages of constant discussion over the last 5 months, many posts from myself acknowledging their is an issue, but it's unfortunately not something we (BT) can fix ourselves. We're 100% reliant on Samsung to investigate. Samsung 2016 TVs don't like the flavour of video and encryption that BT Sport uses (despite saying it is supported).

There's no lack of understanding, and no lack of admission.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Same issue for me, BT sport used to work fine until about 2 weeks ago and now the stream plays fine when I load in, then after about 5 seconds the video and audio will skip back 5 seconds and then after they're both out of sync. Something wrong on BTs end since this doesn't occur on other apps.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

See my message immediately above yours @omghd1
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Just did, I'll follow through with it tomorrow and I appreciate the fast reply. At least samsung have acknowledged it but I'm surprised this isnt more of a priority 5 months in, worried for how long this might continue in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Hi Darren

I have just posted a similar issue , can you help

'Hi I know there are a few similar posts back in June , but does anyone else suffer the commentary or sound tripping back and repeating what was said 5 mins before  then stays out of sync.  The picture does not freeze and by  stopping and re starting it seems to correct itself for say 5 mins then it happens again . It happens on both of my Samsung TV's . It surely is not the TV as Prime and Netflix play perfectly. This is making BT unwatchable and I will cancel my subscription if I cannot find a solution. Any help support much appreciated .

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

I replied to your thread too @AndrewFaulk ... pointing you here. 😀

Are your TVs 2016 models?

0 Ratings