cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT sports app audio out of sync on a Samsung tv

Update from Samsung:

2016 TVs don't like switching from 25 frames per second to 50 frames per second on the same content (even though it's a valid thing to do, and all other models handle it ok).

It's a useful thing to know, as it least gives us options for a "quick" workaround. E.g. possibly forcing the TV to stay on 25 or 50fps depending on the available bandwidth.

Stay tuned ...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Thanks Darren for all your work on this- much appreciated. 

My TV model is 2017 I think, samsung UE50MU6120. 

Not as bad issues as some, but bit judderry when casting via chromecast.

The bt sport on samsung app pretty unwatchable-player motion is a bit like watching an old football computer game 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Just a simple check make sure on your audio expert settings on your tv that no audio delay is enabled.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Hi Rick
Will do but is not just our of sync it jumps back several minutes and repeats , thanks for responding
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Is there likely to be an update to the BT Sport app to rectify this, or is Samsung going to release an update? Who owns the problem? Does anyone know? The out of sync commentary on live sport makes it unwatchable. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

BT are blaming Samsung TVs for not being able to handle switching between frame rates(why is this happening in the first place?) which is supported(even though sky broadcasts it fine) so supposedly Samsung release a fix which is going to take millenia

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

So basically Now TV, Netflix, Amazon and every other streaming service works perfectly but BT can’t make their app work properly? I’ll be getting in touch for a refund.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I've closed this to further comment - please see updates on the main discussion: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Samsung-tv-app-freezing/td-p/2157352
0 Ratings