cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT sports app on LG oled tv

At the moment I cast bt sports from a tablet to my old Samsung LED Tv (via a chromecast) and it works fine.
I am looking to get a new LG oled tv but hear there are problem casting btsport direct to LG’s. Is this still the case?  If so would it work if I connected a chromecast to the new LG tv?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT sports app on LG oled tv

The only supported way to watch BT Sport on an LG TV is via an external connected device - e.g. a Chromecast as you've suggested. There's currently no app for LG TVs, and screen mirroring is unreliable (and will soon be blocked completely in the app).
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you. So long as it will definitely work with a Chromecast that will be fine. I just do not want to splash out on the new TV only to find I cannot cast BT Sports to it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I read this thread I have an LG OLED tv so I followed the advice to get another device and bought an EZ Cast Ultra which I was able to connect to my tv and connect my iPhone but could only get the BT Sport sound through the device.  I have BT Sport to watch Premiership Rugby. Any suggestions.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I use Chromecast to cast BT sport to my LG oled TV - no problems whatsoever, works great.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Only official Google Chromecast devices are supported. I'm not sure what an EZ Cast Ultra is, but I'm almost certain it won't work. They key part to the requirement is the need for video security - it sounds like your device is just trying to mirror your phone screen, which will result in blank where the video should be.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@royc  Seems you have become so attached to the LG brand and find it difficult to look at what else might be available. We went through that phase but are now really pleased with our two non-LG TVs, both different makes, and their apps.

Now, I must focus on my wife's insisting that everything from fridge to cooker via toaster and microwave and more must be Bosch!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks all for the quick replies.  I originally intended to get a Chromecast but got pointed in the direction of EZ Cast by Amazon. They look exactly the same I’d guess the hardware is the same but software on the chromecast has the video security Darren mentioned. I’ll try and return it or swap it but I suspect I’ll just have to chalk it down to experience and be more careful in future.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Supported in what way? 
What are the basic instructions for making it work (assume I have a working chromecast + Google TV device plugged in and active)?

0 Ratings