cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT sports app on a chromebook

Go to solution

Hi

I have BT sports ultimate. The app works fine on my android phone. But on my chromebook (pixelbook) all the app does is the 3 dots when I open it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've also tried restarting my internet router and BT whole home mesh wifi. But still the app is stuck on 3 dots when I open it.

Can anyone advise on how to get it working on my pixelbook please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT sports app on a chromebook

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I'm baffled by this one I'm afraid @dilla1708
Could you please go to Settings, Apps, Manage Android preferences, Apps & notifications, BT Sport, Advanced, and scroll to the very bottom, what app version does it say is installed?
If it's 8.8.3 then scroll to the top of that screen and select Storage, and then Clear Storage. Then click the "Clear all data" button shown in red. Then please try launching the app again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Although some Chromebooks (generally those manufactured after 2017) will run Andoid apps, the apps may not be optimised for Chromebooks so there is a chance that they won't work as intended

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Understood @Anonymous however the BT Sport and BT TV apps have been written with consideration for Chromebooks, and have been tested as such (although not few a few versions now).
I just booted my Chromebook to verify that the app still works OK, and it does for me - although there's room for improvement as mine appears to be telling the app it's a phone now, not a tablet.
We'll look to improve that in a future update.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

Thank you for your help. Clearing the cache etc allowed the app to restart and start working. I was able to log back in and get the player working as expected. Thanks

0 Ratings