cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulusx2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BTTV App connection issues with catchup content

I have been experiencing issues with catch up content buffering and the dropping out saying that there are connection issues. Streaming from other sources (YouTube, iPlayer etc) remains good so confident that there isn’t a problem with my Broadband connection.  This issue appears to have started when the recent updated app arrived. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: BTTV App connection issues with catchup content

Hi @Paulusx2 Sorry you are having a problem with updated BTTV App when watching catch up.

Have you tried you tried to watch on a different device (if that's possible). 
What device are you currently using?
Post back and let me know so we can help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Paulusx2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have subsequently performed some additional testing and concluded that is one single piece of content that is experiencing this buffering issue. I’m viewing this content on my iPad running iOS 11.4. 

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@Hi @Paulusx2 ,  can you confirm the content including episode number or title  that is consistently buffering ? Also is the buffering at the same point(s)in the programme ?

0 Ratings
Paulusx2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

The content I’m trying to view is

Wheeler Dealers, Series 14, Episode 17

The content plays for approximately 1 minute before freezing returning an error code AP106. If I close down the content (not the app) I can restart but after another minute (approximately) it will fail again.

As mentioned in my earlier post, this happens on different Wi-fi networks.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Yes I experienced the same issue with that episode on the IOS IPad BT TV app this morning twice as you say within a minute. I briefly tried on Android app and didn't although only had to.e to play for 5 minutes.
0 Ratings