cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

BTTV BOX PRO NOT SYNCHING WITH BTTV APP ON ANDROID 13

Go to solution

hi, I'm having trouble synching the bttv app with the bt box pro i am running android 13 was wondering if that would have something to do with it not synching any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: BTTV BOX PRO NOT SYNCHING WITH BTTV APP ON ANDROID 13

Go to solution
What trouble are you having? Have you paired the app with the box?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

HI

no thats the problem it wont pair

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution
Can you please be more specific on your experience then. What stage do you get to, and what error do you see?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

it searches for the box for some time and then comes up error unable to find bttv box  and then gives me  a box with retry cancel,or learn more .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
First suggestion is to reboot everything - the phone, the TV box, the BT Smart Hub, and if you're using any WiFi extenders or Powerline adapters then reboot those too. This resolves most issues.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

thank you for that i have rebboted the phone and the box especially because i did not get all my channels at the first install and i asked the wife to reboot the broadband  i will try again when i get home later i thought it might be something to do with android 13 as its just come out.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution
No issues with Android 13 - I have a few devices on it already and it's working OK for me.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Since receiving my TV Box Pro last week I haven't been able to pair to it either.

I've tried ios and android and get the same message as the OP.

All software is up to date and I've checked that the TV Box and my devices were all on 5GHz. I've reset my Hub, factory reset the TV Box (keep recordings), deleted the app and restarted my devices and then reinstalled the apps.

I've also connected the TV Box via ethernet and it still says there's no TV Box found.

The only other thing I can think of is the BT TV app itself, but I doubt it. However, I've just come  back to BT TV after a year or two away and the BT TV app is showing 3 slots locked for some reason.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

Known issues with pairing:

* Sometimes it fails when the box is connected over WiFi. This is because YouView break the software. They then fix it again, but break it in a future update. It's toggled back and forth a few times. I did check yesterday though, and it works for me. It has always worked with the Ethernet cable.

* On older boxes (i.e. not the Pro box) the pairing service running on the box would crash and not recover. It would require a software reset from the maintenance menu to fix it (reset, keep recordings). I've not known this to be required on the Pro box so far though.

* BT hubs lose their ability to detect other devices on the network (i.e. mDNS queries fail). This prevents the app from finding the box, and also prevents it from seeing Chromecast devices on the network. I cannot explain why, but a reboot of ALL network devices as well as the set top box AT THE SAME TIME seems to fix it - rebooting one thing at a time and then testing doesn't seem to work. This one has baffled me for years.

None of these issues seem relevant to you though, as you've tried all the recommended steps already. Can I ask you to please confirm software versions on your box? Maybe you have something older or newer where it's broken.

0 Ratings