Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

BTTV on Amazon Fire Stick Problem

Go to solution

Hi!,

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, I have a BT Youview box in 1 room, but in other rooms through the house have a Amazon Fire Stick with the BTTV app so people can watch the BTTV service in other rooms, this has worked perfectly for a few years now....until today!  I noticed when you switch on the firestick, go to  BTTV, find a show to watch, the programme comes on, then freezes, but the sound continues, this happens on the 2 Fire sticks we have in separate rooms, but only with BTTV, everything else on the fire sticks, Prime TV, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix  all work fine with no problems, it only seems to affect BTTV, I unplugged the stick, reinstalled the BT app, but the problem persists, screen picture frozen...sound continues... this only seemed to start happening today, has always worked perfectly for the last few years, strange it is only the BT TV channel that seems to be affected. Anybody out there had a similar problem?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Mallett94
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BTTV on Amazon Fire Stick Problem

Go to solution

Is there any difference in behaviour if you manually set the resolution of the Fire TV Stick to be {Max resolution your TV supports} @ 50hz?

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, yes I have changed the picture resolutions to the fire stick, but no difference, frozen picture with sound, I have reset the fire stick, uninstalled the BTTV app, reinstalled the app, but the same outcome. We have had the BTTV app working on our fire stick for over a year, no problems at all, just today this strange thing keeps happening, sound but picture frozen, whats more odd is all the other things on the fire stick, Fire TV, BBC iPlayer, ITVHub, etc are all working fine, just appears to be the BT Extra App seems to have got this problem overnight. 

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

The fire sticks we have here are all linked to my account obviously, I was wondering if anything has gone wrong there, we have just changed over to the Smart Hub 2 a few weeks ago, but all was fine until today, desperately trying to come up with a solution, I do have a BT Youview box that's working fine, but this was ideal for people in other rooms who wanted to watch anything on the BT channels.

0 Ratings
SimonSR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Garry,

i’m having exactly the same problem on both of my fire sticks for my BTTV App (not the ‘extra’ variant) - sound but frozen picture. which also happened I think last Friday!

All other Apps are working fine, BTTV App was working fine until then, no changes to cables, TV or any other changes... Could the developers have ‘tweeked’ the App?... Frustrating! 

SimonSR

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, so its not just me then! It really does seem that BT have done something to the app which has made it unwatchable on the fire stick for some of us, maybe one of the mods could find out why the above may have happened since late last week, I was coming up with all sorts of theories why this may have occurred, and yes Simon it is a little "frustrating" to say the least! 

0 Ratings
SimonSR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Garry,

Yes this is strange, i can’t imagine we are the only ones with this problem, but do not think it is a widespread problem or else Google search would be awash with this issue. I Googled the problem this morning and it was only your comments that came up. 

I was thinking of e-mailing the BTTV App development Team to see if they can draw any light on the subject.

Regards Simon 

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing picture issues when using the BTTV Everywhere App on Firestick.

I have reported this to our BTTV development team to see if this is a known issue.

I will let you all know once I have more information.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Matt. On another issue, in my desperation to try and get the BTTV app working, and going through many ideas on why it wasn't, as, at the time, I was thinking I may have been the only one affected, I reset one of my  two fire sticks back to factory settings, loaded up the BT app, and was then told I had reached my device limit and cannot use the app  (even if it got working again) for another 15 days! My fault I know, I should have waited, so I was wondering if this can be reset or is it best to wait until the rest of the days (12 now!) are up. Thanks for any help!

SimonSR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Garry, 

tried Ed the app this morning - was prompted to load new software/upgrade; loaded the software... App now working again, hope this is the same for you.

kind regards ,

Simon