cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Being asked to upgrade package to view sport, but am already a subscriber

Hi,

I have the £25 monthly pass for BT Sport to watch on my laptop.

Now, when I try to watch a sports channel, I receive a message saying that I need to upgrade my package to view the content. I checked my subscription and it is active, so there is no reason why this should be the case. This problem has never occurred before,

Please can you help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Being asked to upgrade package to view sport, but am already a subscriber

That issue can unfortunately be caused by a cookie size overflow. Could you please try logging out of bt.com and then logging in again - this will reset some of the cookies. If that still doesn't work then you'll need to clear cookies from your browser settings screen.
Alternatively, I think you should also be able to use your browser privacy mode to reduce the cookies it sends.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for your reply.

I did try those things already and unfortunately did not solve the issue.

Please could you check my account? The email address is the same as associated with my community username.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Ah OK yes - your account show as suspended on our system, but active on the billing system. Looks like something has gone wrong - I've got someone investigating now.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Your account has been manually corrected. We're continuing to investigate why it failed to automatically resume. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Message 6 of 11

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I have the same problem mentioned.  On Chrome and Firefox it asks me to upgrade.  I have a subscription with my BT Broadband.

Some time ago I was advised to go back to Internet Explorer.  This worked for some time but it now freezes and says I should use a modern browser.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@Peter99 we're currently investigating why some accounts are failing to synchronise between our back end systems, resulting in the error you're seeing.

Could you please send me a DM with the BT ID you're using, and I'll add it to the investigation.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Just to update anyone else reading this thread and experiencing this problem ...

As part of the migration of BT email accounts from the old system to the new, we have a number of accounts that exist on 2 different back end systems with the same username - your BT email address.

If you log into webmail using the Email link at the top of the screen, and you use the password for the email system, you'll end up looking like you're logged into everything when in fact you're only logged into email.  In this scenario, you'll see a message telling you to upgrade when trying to access BT Sport.  A very messy situation, that I'm trying to get someone to tidy up.

The best instructions I can give at this point are to go directly to www.bt.com/mybt and log in from there.  A login to this part of the site with your primary BT ID should allow you access to everywhere that your subscriptions allow.  Logging in using the Email link gives you a high chance of failure if your BT ID matches your BT email address.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi Darren, Reading through the forums seems like your the man.

My father is having the same issues as most people in this thread, unable to access bt sport online works fine via his tv. I've literally just signed up for an account so i could speak to you. I would DM you but oddly your DM hyperlink dosent seem to work for me? Is there any other way i can give you his BTiD, is it against guidelines to just place it in this thread?

0 Ratings