cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Big Screen

Hi,

I have just got BT Sport on my EE phone, upgraded to ‘Big Screen’ so I can cast to my TV but it won’t even give me the option on the app, all connected on same WiFi network etc. 

Any ideas? Tried everything?

Also- Is there actually an email address/phone number for customer services anywhere?

Cheers

Matt

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Big Screen

If the subscription is part of your EE package, you will need to speak with EE. This is a customer to customer help forum for BT Retail customers. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

If you're not seeing the Chromecast icon in the app then your phone can't find the Chromecast device.
Reboot your phone, Chromecast, internet router, and any WiFi repeaters you're usual. This should fix it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Cheers, Do you need to have Chromecast? Can’t it just cast like I do Facebook/YouTube etc?

This is likely the issue if that’s the case.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

You need either a Chromecast or an Android TV.
Facebook/YouTube use proprietary techniques to communicate with supported devices. We don't currently offer that level of integration.

If your TV isn't Android then we also support Apple TV, Samsung TV, Xbox, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Now TV, Roku TV, Fire TV, Netgem STB.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Thanks again.

It’s a JVC smart TV, if I grab a Google Chromecast off Amazon, I’m assuming that will be sufficient?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Some JVC smart TVs run Android TV. If you have the option to search for apps on your TV then search for BT Sport.
If your TV isn't Android then yes, you could pick up a Chromecast from Amazon however I would recommend a Fire Stick instead, for a better experience for less money.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Thanks again, is there any one in particular you’d recommend? 

Cheers

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Choose based on your budget. The Fire TV Stick 4k Max is the latest and greatest model, and the Lite is the cheapest if you're not fussed about 4k. Amazon also do frequent promotions - you could pick up a Lite for £15 last week.
0 Ratings