Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egr55
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Usage watching BT Sports online using BT Broadband at home

Go to solution

I have been charged for going over the 10GB limit. We do not stream apart from watching TV sports via the application at home where we have BT broadband.

I phoned BT this morning and they say, watching BT sports via the APP COUNTS TOWARDS USAGE. I have read the terms and as you say this does not count towards usage:

"How much broadband can I use?

Also, great news if you're a sports fan. Any content you watch or stream via the BT Sport app and online player using your BT Broadband connection will not count against your broadband usage limit, so you can enjoy great live sport without the worry."

Who should I contact with this issue, as BT customer services say watching the APP counts towards USAGE and therefore I am being charged for exceeding the limit.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Usage watching BT Sports online using BT Broadband at home

Go to solution

The advice you were given is simply incorrect. It's not only streaming video that contributes significantly to broadband usage; Google will give examples.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
egr55
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Apologies, if I wasn't clear. The clarification, I require is: does watching bt sports via the app on my tablet or online, count towards bt broadband usage at my home.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Maybe I wasn't clear. Watching BT Sport from the internet definitely does not count against BT Broadband usage limits. The additional point I was trying to make is that it's not only streaming video that can be responsible for usage higher than expected. You might find this page on forum CL Keith's website helpful.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
egr55
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Yes, I agree with your points BT sports App does not count towards usage, all other browsing, etc does.
I need to find out how BT monitors usage, as usage increases by almost 1Gb when we use the bt sports app, otherwise we use around 200mb.
Customer Service insist using sports app counts towards usage. I would like to know whom I should contact to escalate the issue, as customer service are of no help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Cases have been reported here where non-chargeable usage was shown on the monitor but this should be adjusted before billing. I'm asking the forum moderators to look into this for you to see if they can help; one should be along later with contact details.

--
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi egr55,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings