cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomDGreen
Message 1 of 5

Browser issues with Silverlight

I've been trying to sort this for ages, but with no luck.

If I run BTSport in Chrome or Firefox, everything is generally ok, but the video frame rate seems slightly off. The picture is ever so slightly jerky.

In IE10 the video is smooth as silk, but the sound is a terrifying mess. The first quarter second or so of the video's sound is looped ad infinitum.

At the moment my work around is to run two streams, one in chrome, minimised, but with the sound on, the other in IE, for a smooth picture. Obviously that's not ideal as the two aren't exactly synced, but I can live with it for football.

Does anyone have any suggestions for smoothing the video in Chrome, or fixing the sound fault in IE10?

For info, I'm running a Haswell Core i7 with 16GB of RAM so it's not a performance issue with the hardware. The sound fault occurs whether I use the onboard Realtek sound, or HDMI sount out into my AV Amp (via my GTX680 GPU) and when I use a USB connected external FiiO DAC, so I don't think it's sound driver or hardware related.

Chrome, Firefox and Silverlight have all been reinstalled and are at their latest versions. There is no other audio 'enhancement' software running, and I have tried disabled enhancements in control panel for all three audio options.

So I'm pretty stuck (and hating Silverlight).

For info, the exact same problems occur when using other Silverlight videos.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Browser issues with Silverlight

Try uninstalling Silverlight 5.1 and install Silverlight 5.0. I run Windows 7 64 bit and this  works for me, with Firefox.

0 Ratings
TomDGreen
Message 3 of 5

Well. I gave up and updated to Windows 8.1 to install IE11. Issues fixed, at least with IE.

Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

I just checked my IE and I find I'm running IE 11 on Windows 7. You're right - it runs BT Sport a lot smoother than Chrome or Firefox, thanks for the tip.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
helpfulguy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

for some reason i also notice ie loading a lot smoother than chrome.
0 Ratings