cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Bt Sport on web desktop goes to a black screen after watching fine for minutes

This has happened for many months on different football games. Never bothered until today to make a post.

I can be watching say PSG vs Benfica and after a couple of minutes the player will just be a black screen and nothing works on the player until I refresh when it then works perfectly again for 5 minutes. The problem seems to disappear around the secomd half but still can happen rarely.

I've tested in Chrome and Firefox with the same issue. Windows 11 desktop PC. I watch in enhanced video mode if that matters.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt Sport on web desktop goes to a black screen after watching fine for minutes

Have you tried not using the enhanced player?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Bt Sport on web desktop goes to a black screen after watching fine for minutes

No but it's pretty useful for going between matches quickly when a goal is scored so even if the basic viewer did not display the problem, it's still not tackling the root cause.

I can test basic view next cl football days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

It's not something I've ever heard reported before.
The enhanced player is provided to us by a third party, so trying to debug anything in it is incredibly difficult. If it then turned out to be a bug, it would most likely take a very long time to get a fix.

If you send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged in with, I'll get one of the team to check the logs for any possible clues.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks Darren. What I'll do is to try the basic player for now and I'll update if it still happens next time I watch (11th October). I'll likely be getting a nvidia shield in the black friday deals anyway so it's not much of a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Update: So I watched the Liverpool game yesterday and all was fine on the non enhanced player. This is good enough I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I'm having the same issue. It happens during football or even when I'm watching WWE etc. Doesn't matter if it's Enhanced player or not.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@seanpy can you please send me the BT ID you're using when you watch on web?  I can only see your sessions on the Xbox.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

its the same BT ID on Xbox as it is on Laptop. its also happens when i try to watch on demand stuff on the laptop

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I don't see any logs of you using the web for the last 30 days @seanpy - only Xbox.  Is this a recent issue you've seen with the black screen?

0 Ratings