cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Bt Tv App extra downloads

I have just been upgraded to the App Extra which is working fine, but if I go onto the sport section on the bt tv app certain sports programmes are not available to download only watchable on BTTV Box. Mainly anything to do with premier league e.g season reviews despite having the download option underneath. Anyone else noticed this. 0AF1A44A-E261-4A2E-9C2A-48D6391E61F1.jpegFCA44153-E688-4722-A0A0-545C5E7E3EAF.jpeg

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt Tv App extra downloads

Hi @Bluemoon1 

I get the same message, it may be due to rights. It's probably not that easy to only have the download icon on downloadable content, and then some users would be asking where the download link has gone. A better option may be to add something on to the programme tile image to clearly show that it isn't possible to download.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Probably rights issues as @Andy005  mentioned ,

I think @Bluemoon1  example is a case where the on demand content cannot be played (streamed) on the device rather only played on the BT TV (Youview)  BT Player.

So if it cannot be streamed on the device it wouldn’t be downloadable.

At least you eventually get a message that  informs how you can watch the programme although you are probably looking for content that you can download for later viewing.

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

It may be a rights issue but some of the content is years old. I like to download sports content especially the football season reviews to watch while on  airplane flights /holiday to get my fix of football 🤪. If it’s for your own device I don’t see the problem with a rights issue.  Just another way for premier league to make you buy a season/  goals review I expect. 

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

This issue also applies to content from the Dave channel.

I noticed the other day that Dave seems to have magically "disappeared" from the "Explore by Channel" BT TV App, if you search for typical Dave content, such as Taskmaster, it will find a couple of shows, but they can't been stream, only downloaded, if you try and stream them the App tells you that they can only be viewed on a BT TV Box.

I hope this is NOT the start of a rights/payment dispute between BT and UKTV which is going to see their content become even more restricted on the BT platform. 

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

The something happens on UKTV player on BT Tv App extra. Dave Hd programmes on there are also not downloadable. Must be the reason BT gave the app extra out free nothing worth downloading on there!!. 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Bluemoon1wrote:

The something happens on UKTV player on BT Tv App extra. Dave Hd programmes on there are also not downloadable. Must be the reason BT gave the app extra out free nothing worth downloading on there!!. 

I haven't looked at everything but it looks like the UKTV app doesn't offer downloads so I'm not surprised that there isn't much downloadable through the BT TV app. Personally I think the main advantage of giving away the Extra App is to get the additional two device slots, the available content doesn't change and I would think the majority stream anyway.

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

But streaming is disabled... that's the problem, you can download it, but you can't stream it.

The APP now tells you to use your BT Box if you want to stream a programme.

So the promise from BT of the App's features are slowing fading away...

*** Edit ***

Just been doing some testing of the BT TV APP, and it looks like all content from DAVE has been pulled, so you can't stream or download it, the APP gives a "Sorry - you can't watch this on your device, It's only available on your BT TV Box."

So I'm not sure what's going on, either it's a right issue where Dave has pulled their content from the APP, of BT are flagging peoples accounts incorrectly.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

I misunderstood the OP in as much as I thought that it was only the download option that wasn't available, but you're right that some can't be streamed either. The restrictions still seem to be on certain programming such as the Premier League, I haven't noticed any loss of functionality in the two years I've been using it @4KTVFan .

*I wonder if it's related to Dave not being a subscription channel.

0 Ratings