cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bt and Sky channels breaking up

Hello, I have the BT box pro, with Halo 3, complete wi-fi with 4 extender discs. I live almost opposite our local telephone exchange, So my broadband speed is very good indeed. Now here's the thing, every few days my internet channels on the TV, BT Sport and sky etc. start to break up and freeze, and I need to reboot the router, after which everything is fine. After a few days same again, even though the broadband speed is showing no drop in connection speed. One of the extender discs is only 8ft from the BT Box. I also then tried plugging in an ethernet cable from the Disc, same problem. I can only think that it is a problem with the pro box itself, as all other devices in the house are fine. Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt and Sky channels breaking up

What is your speed and how many 4k streams (if any ) are you watching simultaneously when the problem occurs?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply. 75mbps, Only watching one  HD stream.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

A couple of straws come to mind that you could clutch at, in no particular order.

I'm assuming your using the BT Smart Hub 2 (?), if so you could login to the hub manager and try one of the following;

If the user interface is BT branded and in colour then turn off Smart Setup as per What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help
If the user interface is in all grey then click on the Advanced Settings button, enter your Admin password and then type http://192.168.1.254/smart_setup.htm into the address bar (you have to do it in that order or it won't work) and make sure Smart setup is off.

I've seen a few threads on this forum questioning the Wi-Fi capability of the box, do whatever is necessary to temporarily connect the Pro box to the Hub by cable (just for test purposes)

0 Ratings