cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joyful1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Bt app

Haven’t used bt app for tv but looking to upgrade so thought I’d check it out. It correctly identifies me and confirms my device is registered but doesn’t let me view any tv channels at all. Is this because I’m still on a basic essentials package? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt app

Hi @Joyful1

the BT Tv app live channels are normally the  BT IPTV ones that you subscribe to on your Youview box (exception are the sky sports and movies and the BT 4K channels). So if your current Essential subscription has no live BT channels then there will none to play on the BT TV app.

0 Ratings
Joyful1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for reply,  essentials has I think about 80 channels. Was just trying to test out bbc, nothing fancy! Maybe I’ll pair the device with the box, but think that’s just to remotely record.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

The Freeview TV  channels  (nos 001-299) available (subject to aerial  reception and location)  are listed in the Youview EPG guide  but are not BT TV  IPTV channels. So in the BT TV App  you will see Freeview channels  in the Full Tv Listing section but you will not be able to play them in the app ,

Several of the Freeview  channel providers offer their own mobile /tablet/webplayers  some of which allow viewing of live  programming as well as catchup or on demand.

So for BBC the BBC Iplayer and BBC Sport Apps  can provide live programming,

For ITV the ITV Hub app can offer live programming,

All4  can offer live programming.

Other players exist.

The Youview App (you can connect both the Youview and BT Tv apps to the same Youview box)   allows you to play catchup content from its guide from certain Freeview channels  by launching the relevent player.

0 Ratings