cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bt mobile app - screen casting via Google chrome cast

Go to solution

Hello All,

So after gaining access to the bt sport mobile app yesterday I have started to look into ways of screen casting the app. I read that bt changed the terms of being able to do this back in April so your no longer able to cast to a smart TV via your phone. However I then read that you are able to. Cast still via Google chromecast. So after purchasing a brand new chrome cast this morning (£60!) and after the lengthy set up procedure I went to try to cast bt sport mobile to my new chromecast. So I open the bt sports app on my phone select the cast option this then mirrors the app on my TV via the goggle chrome as soon as I try to watch a channel I get a sorry theres a problem please try again later code:LP204 notice come up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt mobile app - screen casting via Google chrome cast

Go to solution
Interesting one there ...

LP204 means you're trying to watch BT Sport from a device that you're not entitled to watch from. More specifically, your BT Sport subscription is mobile-only, so you're only entitled to watch on your phone.
To watch BT Sport on Chromecast, you need a full BT Sport subscription - https://www.bt.com/sport/buy

The reason I say it's interesting though, is that LP204 is our last line of defence. The app should have already stopped you from even trying to play the channel, and shown you error VC586 first.

I'll get the LP204 error message updated to something more helpful though.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I didn't know that I couldn't cast via the bt sport mobile. Out of interest I removed the bt sport up from my Google chromecast as I noticed when I went to cast from the mobile ap chrome seemed to automatically want to open the full bt sport app. Once I removed it & I go to cast via the app I then get a notice come up with code (vc550) you haven't enabled bt sport casting yet... I have be selecting the cast button on the app. Anyway I'll have to make do with watching it on my phone for now.

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for the extra level of detail - that explains it perfectly. I'll get that route fixed.
0 Ratings