cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Bt sport app on lg tv

Go to solution

Hi, I’ve recently upgraded to bt sport large screen, and was wondering if there was anyway that I could cast the app to my lg smart tv. Also are bt any closer to getting the app onto lg? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Bt sport app on lg tv

Go to solution

There's currently no option to view BT Sport on LG TVs without a connected device I'm afraid (e.g. Fire TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, XBox, etc).

One is coming, but I cannot comment on when.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

Disappointing, but thank you. Would I be able to watch the app on my tv if I bought chromecast? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution
Yes, a Chromecast would work.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

If you have an iPhone or iPad go to settings and give the BT Sport app permission to access the local network.
Then launch the app and start watching your chosen match.
To switch playback to the big screen, click on the Airplay icon (at the top right of the display) and select your TV in the panel which appears. It only works for the standard player, not the enhanced version. It might take a couple of attempts for the connection to sort itself out but it definitely works 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

You will need an LG TV from 2019 onwards for this though, they were the first to support AirPlay 2. 

My 2016 model does appear as a Chromecast device, so casting in that way may work on older versions, but I don't have the app to test so YMMV.

Failing that, Fire TV sticks are £25 (HD) and £45 (4K) at the moment on a river based online store while you wait for an official BT Sport app. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @DarrenDev, is there any update on native app support for LG TVs please?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Following the merger with Warner Bros Discovery, the plans to develop a BT Sport app for LG TVs have had to be dropped.

The good news is that the BT Sport channels will "soon" be available to watch on Discovery+, which is available for LG TVs already (running webOS v4 and higher).  BT Sport customers will "soon" be given access to Discovery+ as part of their subscription.

I'm afraid I cannot comment on what "soon" means - announcements will be made when dates are confirmed.

Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @DarrenDev, thanks for your prompt and detailed response. Does/would Discovery+ support 4K UHD on LG TVs?

0 Ratings