cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

BT Sport App - NOT Currently Available for - LG - OLED - TV Range - Web OS 4.0 - 2018 and Above

Go to solution

Hi Darren - Your last Reply on BT Sport App - Working Natively on LG OLED's - was 4-Aug-2022

Any Chance of an Update. I Believe the Intention is for the - BT Sport Content - to be added to LG Discovery+ App

and that this will work on - LG TV's - Running webOS v4 - and Higher

So this will cover all - LG TV's - Released from 2018 onwards

My OLED Models are the - 2021 and 2022 Versions - will they get the Revised App - Earlier than for the 2018 Models ?

Do you think the Discovery App Update - will be Released - This Year 2022

or Next Year 2023 - and Roughly Q1 - Q2 - Q3 etc

I know you cannot Accurately Comment - but could you take a Rough Guess - we will NOT hold you to any Predictions

Thanks for your help - Tony

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

Re: BT Sport App - NOT Currently Available for - LG - OLED - TV Range - Web OS 4.0 - 2018 and Above

Go to solution
I can tell you that it will be early 2023 that you'll get access to the D+ app - employee trials start tomorrow to test the process for application.
Discussions are still ongoing regarding the BT Sport channels being added to it, but I believe it likely to still be a few months away - much later than originally expected.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Re: BT Sport App - NOT Currently Available for - LG - OLED - TV Range - Web OS 4.0 - 2018 and Above

Go to solution

Well, @DarrenDev Discovery+ was made available to all BT Sport customers who pay BT, EE or Plusnet last night. Not just BT employees. Is this another case of someone pressing a button too early?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

If you know the link, then yes - it's available now. It hasn't be advertised to customers yet though.

Edit: I can see already that it has been shared in a number of places. Someone internal to the project must have leaked it.

Use at your own risk.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  Thanks for the advice re d+ that it’s a staff trail and not full public release , I’ll certainly be holding off for the official release before using 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

This seems to be very similar to when the Eurosport channels were suddenly made available to more BTTV customers (not just those with Big Sport or VIP) a few weeks ago before the official announcement was made. It was supposed to have been available to trialists but a decision was obviously made to make it internal to BT employees( that’s happened a few times recently too). It’s difficult to see how things can be reversed now. There are articles about it all over the place now in the usual sources and they’ve treating it as though it’s official already. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution
Just to be clear here - the bit being trialled is the mechanism to use a BT Sport login to create a D+ login. It's using a new authentication system that the entire of BT is moving across to over the next few months - some BT Sport users will already have seen it in the apps on some platforms. It only became available last week, and I'm having calls every single day to monitor progress of a very slow and closely monitored rollout. It's also using a new interface between BT and WBD to generate the required keys.

If the process works, then great - you'll have created a login for Discovery+ that allows you to use the service as normal. If the process fails for any reason, then you can't currently call us about it.

As for the leak - it was posted on hotukdeals only minutes after it was put live last night, and contains wording that wasn't even on the web site at the time. Someone has definitely breached T&Cs by sharing it, and it's no-doubt going to make life harder for people supporting it, but I don't think there are any plans to pull it now.
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
Just to be clear here - the bit being trialled is the mechanism to use a BT Sport login to create a D+ login. It's using a new authentication system that the entire of BT is moving across to over the next few months - some BT Sport users will already have seen it in the apps on some platforms. It only became available last week, and I'm having calls every single day to monitor progress of a very slow and closely monitored rollout. It's also using a new interface between BT and WBD to generate the required keys.

If the process works, then great - you'll have created a login for Discovery+ that allows you to use the service as normal. If the process fails for any reason, then you can't currently call us about it.

As for the leak - it was posted on hotukdeals only minutes after it was put live last night, and contains wording that wasn't even on the web site at the time. Someone has definitely breached T&Cs by sharing it, and it's no-doubt going to make life harder for people supporting it, but I don't think there are any plans to pull it now.

@DarrenDev  exactly the reason I’m holding off until public launch when bt support will be available 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

Is this the pre-cursor to the BT Sport channels becoming available on D+ @DarrenDev ?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

Unfortunately not @Popeye13_Official - it's likely to be months before they appear