cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Bt sport on fire tv

Hello I’m thinking about purchasing a fire tv (new jvc one with amazon built in) , my question is there a way to watch bt sport on fire tv? Im subscribed to by sport as I have bt tv at the mo and bt broadband so I don’t really want to lose it.

thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt sport on fire tv

I don't have a full Fire TV (they look good value though!), but I do have a number of Fire TV sticks in the house and assuming the TV uses the same Amazon App Store then you will be able to download the BT TV app to access the sports channels:

Amazon App Store - BT TV 

The really snazzy BT Sport app is not available on any Amazon device yet.

As BT often change their packages, I'm not sure if everyone has the BT TV app included (I believe it is with Entertainment and Entertainment Extra),  so you may need to check and if you are already using it on other devices then you may need to upgrade to BT TV App Extra.

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

By sport on bt tv app

Hello when downloading bt tv app on amazon fire tv can you watch bt sport if you are subscribed to BT TV? 

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Re: By sport on bt tv app

@FC12wrote:

Hello when downloading bt tv app on amazon fire tv can you watch bt sport if you are subscribed to BT TV? 

Hi @FC12   BT Sport has it’s own App. You need to subscribe to BT Sports to be able to watch it on anything.

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

BT TV sub without using box

Hello

I have an active bt tv max entertainment subscription with by sport and am would like to use it through it’s BT TV app on fire tv platform rather than using the bt box. I am trying to find out if this Is possible? If I am subscribed to the BT TV service I am not sure why it would matter if I am using the youview box or not. 
thanks 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Re: BT TV sub without using box

@FC12wrote:

Hello

I have an active bt tv max entertainment subscription with by sport and am would like to use it through it’s BT TV app on fire tv platform rather than using the bt box. I am trying to find out if this Is possible? If I am subscribed to the BT TV service I am not sure why it would matter if I am using the youview box or not. 
thanks 

Hi @FC12 

As long as it works on your chosen platform and you're happy with the limitations of the app, then you can use the app as your main source without the STB.

FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Thanks Andy. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

I am wondering why not just use the BT box for this?

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

We were bought a new tv for Christmas which is the new amazon fire tv with inbuilt fire Os. 
As there is a bt tv app on amazon I was thinking just to run my bt tv service through the app to simplify things and reduce number of controllers lying about etc. 

0 Ratings