cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bt sport ultimate 4k has been disabled

I have had BT sport ultimate for the last two years. Watched majority of games in 4k and all has been fine. Last week I renewed my package for another two years. Two days later after the renewal the bt sport ultimate 4k channel on 433 is now showing a message as if its not part of my package. Have spoken to the advisors who are now telling me automatically if my download speed isn't more than 44 Mbps then the channel will not show. I have the max speed in my area at 34Mbps and the channel was perfect. They sold me a 4k package at renewal and never mentioned this. Now it cannot be turned on even though it works perfectly well at 34Mbps. Is there any other users who have had this happen to them. How backwards is that. Turning off my 4k because other users have had issues at under 44Mbps. I am livid. They even had two engineers turn up at my house and had me resetting the router, upgrading my Bt vision box and retuning channels to try and identify an issue BT created. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt sport ultimate 4k has been disabled

I've had the same issue last time ultimate worked was day of queen's death, then added or enabled boxnation to watch a nations league game and hasn't worked since, I get 37 ish and rang several times and had BT and openreach engineers but I'm on max speed for my area....
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

This was certainly a deal breaker for me when I decided to upgrade to BTTV. I’d previously just paid for the BT Sport app and paid an extra £5 per month to get BT Sport Ultimate on my Fire tv 4K stick.

Now that we’ve got BTTV we do get Channel 433 & 465 for Ultimate or Ultimate HDR. Our maximum broadband speed is 48, but we’ve got Unbreakable Broadband  too. On the rare occasions that the Hybrid backup kicks in when our broadband goes down, our speed drops to 30, but channels 433 & 465 both still work perfectly, so I do completely understand your frustrations. I am also using Powerline Adapters for the tv that I watch BT Sport on.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Just rang them again and basically everything that you have both said is true, with your hybrid backup kicking in and it still working it sounds like if we can just use Like a 5g dongle with WiFi or something once we will have the required speed to activate the channels then be ok going back to my normal broadband.. I'm sure this issue will popup a lot in the future (with decreasing internet speeds due to full cabinets etc) and people renewing their contracts.

So it would be great to establish a workaround....

Would a 5g WiFi dongle work?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I couldn’t tell you, sorry, I’m not that technical. I can only describe what works for me in my circumstances. I do understand your frustrations though. I think someone from BT should provide an explanation though. As the charge for HD/UHD is combined I’m not sure that they can justify using a cut off point at which UHD will not be provided when we know that  it probably will still work. I think you deserve an explanation.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The BT "logic" seems to be that because the service is sold with concurrent 4k streams, your connection must support multiple streams. I had this issue some years ago when I wanted to buy a 4k package just to get the 4k box. But as I was limited to around 35Mb at the time they refused to supply it. I was even willing to provide a waiver against any claims for non-performance but as is so often the case with BT, "Computer says no"...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

For a long time we could not have Ultimate due to a poor line speed. Then one day it was available and I don't know why, but got it enabled.

My stay fast guarantee was only 30Mbps but I could get 52Mpbs.

I have twice been told since while getting other things done that Ultimate is not available due to my line speed - and I tell them I've already go it so don't touch it!

I don't think the issue is that 34Mbps will not give you the Ultiamte channel - but as soon as somebody else starts using the Internet there could be problems. They are just trying to prevent those issues.

After lots of Internet issues I was leaving BT and they offered various things - one of which was a stay fast guarantee of 38Mpbs and retaining Ultimate.

We don't actually use BT for Internet other than the BTtv service so don't have any issues.

The only thing I've tested and we can't do is record one UHD channel and watch the other.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings