Did you mean: 
Yammy
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Bt tv app not working on Apple tv

Go to solution
Upgraded to Bt tv app extra.
Downloaded app to Apple TV.
Tried to play anything that says watch and says upgrade to watch this.
Do exactly the same on iPhone or iPad and works.
Where am I going wrong??
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bt tv app not working on Apple tv

Go to solution

Hi @Yammy

To get the large screen experience on Apple TV you will need to have the BT TV App EXTRA, which has a monthly subscription.

This will allow you to use the App on Apple TV, some Samsung Smart TV's and chromecast. Unlike its free version, the Extra app allows 4 devices.

See BT TV App Extra

0 Ratings
Yammy
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Dean007
Thanks for your reply
As said above I have upgraded to bt tv app extra and is working on iPhone as it should.
Have spoken to bttv technical and been advised that you can only cast to bttv app ???
So the bttv app on Apple TV doesn’t actually do anything as I can do this without the app.

I was under the impression that if I clicked on amc channel for example on the Apple TV bt tv extra app it would play.
But I have now been told that I would have to play it on my iPhone and cast it to Apple TV.
Don’t see the point of the app now ??
Or am I missing something 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Yammy,

First let me qualify my comments by saying althogh I recently obtained BT TV App Extra and I do have Apple TV , I personally currently have 4 other devices allocated so cannot myself currently use  the  BT TV  App on Apple Tv for watching content. This is my understanding.

1 To log onto the Apple Tv BT Tv App you must have a BT TV App Extra subscription. If you don't have the  Extra subscription you cannot get pass the logon stage  even with a correct BT ID and password. 

From your description you can log on so you have the BT TV App subscription  which tallies with you having ordered it.

2 Assuming you are within the number of devices limit max 4 (subject to date restrictions on making changes) you should be able to use the Apple TV BT TV app to play content , that would include live channels such as AMC assuming  they are in your BT TV package. If you were attempting to exceed your device limit you would typically get a You've reached your device limit  - Please remove a device if you'd like to watch on this one . (LP933)  error message.

You are getting a different error message which suggest your problem is not a device limit issue.

3 Whilst you can (with Chromecast counting as one of your devices) cast from your mobile phone running the BT TV app (which also counts as one of your devices) that is a different access method to the app on the Apple TV. 

Yammy
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Hi zulu17
Thanks for your response.

You’ve explained it how I understood it would work. As otherwise I couldn’t see the point of it on the Apple TV.
I have a spare device available as only used 3 of 4 experimenting which devices worked.

On the Apple TV it will say ‘watch’ above certain channels (like amc, bt sports) but when you click on them it asks you to upgrade.

Have also tried on the amazon fire stick and get exactly the same results.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Yammy,

I'll be able to get this investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Yammy
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Hi PaddyB

Just like to say many thanks as it is now working on Apple TV.

Could you tell me if this also works on amazon firestick. Have downloaded bt tv app the other day but wouldn’t work.
Unable to try now as I have 4 devices connected. Have deleted one but need to wait a month to try.
Many thanks for sorting out.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Yammy Good news to hear you have it working now on the Apple TV. Check out BT app no longer working on Amazon Firestick after updates.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Isabel5
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi,

Ive recently joined BT TV and have been having the same issues. Works fine on ipad but on my Apple TV keep getting the login request.  Its been a few weeks now and its still has the same issue so its really frustrating!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Isabel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hooba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Excuse me for piggy backing this thread .... But I have BT Extra App on AppleTV. Can watch subscription channels on catch up only. Live channels not available, I just repeatedly get error LP802. Was working fine until about 10 days ago ..

0 Ratings